cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to complete registration or sign into my account

gtop
Tuning in

Briefly: Hours spent with "Customer Service" 150 since end of July 2022. I repeated "Complete Registration" and "Forgotten Password" "Link Expired" "E-mail not received" procedures dozens of times with employees. Different devices, browsers including the phone app were unsuccessful. This is a known VM issue and was escalated at least twice with IT by VM call centre staff some time ago. Despite promises of "The IT Team will get back to you" the issue remains unresolved and no-one has contacted me. It is impossible to send complaint e-mails to Virgin Media.

6 REPLIES 6

gtop
Tuning in

VM "Web Team" have been in contact since my initial post. The verbal feedback has been along the lines of "we are aware of this issue, we are working through those affected by the issue, resolving yours has been given priority". The problem is still unresolved after almost three months of hours and hours of wasted time talking to employees who are obviously totally incapable of resolving this known issue. 

The following e-mails were subsequently received DIRECTLY by V.M "Web Team" on Friday 14th October:  "Reset your password", "Verify your My Virgin Media email address",  "Confirm your My Virgin Media contact email address", "Verify your My Virgin Media email address", "Confirm your My Virgin Media username" . None of the links in the messages worked. Subsequent attempts to sign in/complete registration etc once again failed with the messages referred to in my initial post. Frustratingly, there has been no further contact from them to ask whether or not the issues have been resolved! What a shambles. Surely it is not beyond "IT Web Team" to resolve this. I am still getting e-mails to my registered address re bills/VM edit notifications etc but can't access the links!!!.  (why not send a temp password by post which will actually work so that  I can complete registration and access my account and  services for which I am paying for!)

Is it possible for a moderator to help resolve this known issue with VM please?

Hi @gtop

I am sorry to hear this is still not resolved.

When you try to register, can you send us screenshots of what you are seeing please?

Please ensure no personal information is visible.

Please pop back to us when you can.

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi Vikki,
Thank you for your response. When I was searching for advice/answers for the issues I was experiencing, I believe I came across screenshots of all the problems somewhere on the Community website. eg unable to complete registration, the two error codes plus "link expired" after immediately following the numerous "Forgotten Password" link attempts.

The following is a text copy and paste of the Sign in "forgotten password" attempt today:

"Link expired!

The link in the email we sent to ...............@h•t•a•l.com has now expired.
You'll need to request to reset your password again.
Reset your password"

I am unfamiliar re how to upload a screenshot to the Forum. .. is there a link re info how to do this or is it possible to e-mail photos to virginmediacommunitysupport@virginmedia.co.uk?

Many thanks

Hi Gtop,

Thanks for coming back to us about this Online Account registration issue, the info you provided is enough for us to work from thanks.

I am sorry you're getting so frustrated with this long, drawn out issue, I really do appreciate how you feel. 

Have you tried to use a different Email address? Or will it not allow you to input a new one now that you've got to this current stage?

Thanks,

Megan_L

Hi Megan,
Thank you for your input. When we first encountered this problem, and eventually spoke to a very helpful agent, she was able to input an agreed long security number into the account because I had not successfully confirmed the original account sign up e-mail address, completed the registration process or been able to enter/change the password. Unfortunately the password which was also verbally agreed at that time did not work. She also unsuccessfully attempted to change the registered e-mail address. Thankfully the security number, which was confirmed by post, enabled us to actually pass security and subsequently speak to numerous agents( after a sometimes 30 minute wait!). On the 1st September I attempted to send a detailed complaint re this and other major issues by e-mail to webteam@virginmedia.com. This was auto bounced back and a link given for "Web Chat" which I could not use because I was unable to access my account! On the 26th September I also unsuccessfully attempted to send a brief e-mail directly to Mr John Baylis and Mr Ian Woods.
For info.. I have just counted the number of re-set password/complete registration/verify e-mail address/confirm user name etc received from the so called "Virgin Media Web team" between 25th July and 14th October - an incredible 45.
I so hope that you can resolve this historical acknowledged known problem and are able to bring this example of a disgraceful shambles of an IT system to the attention of Virgin Media senior management.

Many thanks and best regards

Hi Gtop, 

Thanks for coming back to me, I am sorry you've gone through all of those steps and avenues with no resolution. 

I would be happy to take a closer look into this for you, I will try to help directly myself first and if all my trials still cannot get you into your account, I will raise an IT ticket so the team can take a deeper look into this. 

I'll send over a PM now so we can get the ball rolling. 

Speak soon. 

Megan_L