cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to call to cancell my broadband

Gatecrashermark
Tuning in

I have BB with virgin, nothing but connection probles since joined a few months back,i tried calling get passed from bot to bot i try calling and get told to pay bill but no chance of speaking to the cancellations team.

your service is a complete joke your call centres are very poorly trained and your bots are pure useless garbage.

Account number [deleted] Area reference 21

please cancell my contract given immediate affect or going to the local onbudsman to make sure you do

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post.]
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

thanks for confirming how thick this forum is

1. dialling 0345 454 1111 from any phone (for information on how much this call will cost from a Virgin Media home phone visit virginmedia.com/callcosts.  Call costs from other networks and mobiles vary); or   <<<<<THAT PHONE NUMBER DOES NOT LET ME TALK TO ANYONE AND I AM NOT WRITING TO ANYONE YOU GUYS HAVE WASTED HOURS OF MY TIME ALREADY AM JUST GOING TO HAMMER YOUR ROUTER AND THROW IT THE HELL OUTSIDE !!

ALL I WANT TO DO IS LEAVE YOUR **bleep** COMPANY !!!

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What are the problems you've been having with your broadband? You've not posted in the broadband forum with details, which would be an excellent way to get help with any connection issues. I'd recommend doing so - it might take perhaps 15 minutes to provide the diagnostic that will help the regulars in there, but that's a lot quicker than the 30days it'll take to disconnect VM, and get an alternative supplier installed.

But since you asked, you can't give disconnection notice online or via this forum. The means by which you can give notice are explained in Section N of the T&Cs 

1. In addition to your rights to cancel during the cooling off period, either you or we may end this agreement at any time (including during or at the end of any minimum period) by giving the other 30 days’ notice.  You can provide notice and end this agreement under this provision by:

1. dialling 0345 454 1111 from any phone (for information on how much this call will cost from a Virgin Media home phone visit virginmedia.com/callcosts.  Call costs from other networks and mobiles vary); or

2. writing to Virgin Media Sales Operation Support, Diamond Plaza, Daleside Road, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG2 3GG;

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

thanks for confirming how thick this forum is

1. dialling 0345 454 1111 from any phone (for information on how much this call will cost from a Virgin Media home phone visit virginmedia.com/callcosts.  Call costs from other networks and mobiles vary); or   <<<<<THAT PHONE NUMBER DOES NOT LET ME TALK TO ANYONE AND I AM NOT WRITING TO ANYONE YOU GUYS HAVE WASTED HOURS OF MY TIME ALREADY AM JUST GOING TO HAMMER YOUR ROUTER AND THROW IT THE HELL OUTSIDE !!

ALL I WANT TO DO IS LEAVE YOUR **bleep** COMPANY !!!

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you don't want to use the phone numbers  or send a registered letter as per the VM the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services#end 

provided in post 2 then call  freephone number 0800 052 0422, option 4 (Thinking of leavingbut best to call at 8am to avoid call queues

If you "hammer the router" you will need to pay for it. https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/priceguides 

Also if you are still in contract there may be some early cancellation fees

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services/early...

Your account with VM won't be closed until you follow the correct cancellation process. You will still be billed.

If you cancel your payments instead of cancelling you will still be billed. This would also add extra late payment charges .

Failure to continue paying would probably mean the account will be sent to debt collectors (again extra charges) and adversely affect your credit rating.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

1. go **bleep** your selves

Good Evening @Gatecrashermark

We're not usually in a position to cancel services for a customer over our Community Forums, but on this occasion I will seek to work with a colleague in this department to have this resolved for you as a good will gesture

Check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Anonymous
Not applicable

You are going to get hit with a large leaving bill if you are only a few months into your contract.

You also don't own the router; if you damage it or don't return it you'll be billed for that too.

Hopefully you get a resolution.  You cannot just walk away from a contract with VM that easily.

(I should know it cost me £100+ in extra bills and a £240 charge for leaving)