cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Access My Virgin Media Account

MarkLloyd76
Joining in

Am a new customer and whilst I am connected, I am unable to log in to My Virgin Media as my account is linked to an email address I can’t access - that Virgin created!!  5 phones calls so far, all over an hour and got cut off today when they realised they didn’t know what to do...

It seems that a new VirginMedia.com email has been created, but I am unable to access this to verify my account...  

Surely it should be easy to link the correct email address or delete this account and start again?

6 REPLIES 6

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @MarkLloyd76,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm very sorry to hear that you're having a bit of trouble accessing your online account at the moment. Have you been able to access it in the past, or is this your first time trying to access it?

From what I understand of your post, are you saying that the login email used is for an address that you have zero access to, meaning any password resets and other regain access measures cannot be followed?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi Zach,

I set up the account with my usual email address, but it seems that an equivalent @virginmedia.com has been created and my account is 'registered' to that.

I have never been able to access the account and am I am unable to access this email as you have to login via My Virgin Media and it says that it is unverified - nice loop to be in!!

If I try and create a new account using my account number and area code, it confirms that it is linked to the @virginmedia.com account.

The obvious solution is to change this email to my usual personal email address, but apparently that is either impossible or complex.  The last I was informed was that the account was going to be deleted and disassociated from the @virginmedia.com email address and I could create a new one - but this hasn't worked either.

Hi @MarkLloyd76,

What email address do you use to sign into your My Virgin Media account when it prompts you to enter your login information? Is it the one you set it up with and have access to, or the one created that you have no access to?

If it's the former then you should get any Forgotten Password information to that email address.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi,

Unfortunately, it requires me to use the @virginmedia.com address that I do not have access to.

So, any email relating to forgotten passwords, or verification get sent to that email too - which I can't access..

Annoying!!

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for getting back to us @MarkLloyd76

I'm sorry to hear that, I appreciate this must be frustrating and we apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

I'm going to send you a PM for more details to see if we can get the matter resolved for you. 

Please look our for a notification in the purple envelope located in the top right hand corner of your screen. 

Thanks, 

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for chatting with me over PM @MarkLloyd76

I'm so glad we were able to get the issue resolved for you. 

Any further issues, please just pop another post on this thread and we'll happily assist. 

Thanks, 

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide