cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ultimate Volt query

qwakuk
Up to speed

Not sure this is the correct forum but here goes.

Signed up to Ultimate Volt as a replacement for Ultimate Oomph when contract finished end of December / early January 2022. No email or letter yet about rising prices on VM side but had an email from O2 for increases of over 10% from April. 

Is that correct or should the total bill remain at £99.99 split £74.99 and £25 for the 18 months of the contract ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The O2 SIM will rise with the RPI + 3.9% as set out in the O2 T&Cs. This is built into the way the O2 contract works for all O2 customers (and the same now applies for Virgin Mobile plans where they're not included in the Oomph bundle billing)

The cable services will follow the price set out in your contract unless or until you're notified of a variation.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The O2 SIM will rise with the RPI + 3.9% as set out in the O2 T&Cs. This is built into the way the O2 contract works for all O2 customers (and the same now applies for Virgin Mobile plans where they're not included in the Oomph bundle billing)

The cable services will follow the price set out in your contract unless or until you're notified of a variation.

Well I did query this when the contract started as I assumed I would be paying the £99.99 directly to VM and not the two separate bills and always thought it was odd the mobile sim part of the contract showed a red x ?

VM Service Contract 21 12 2021_Redacted_Page_1.jpg

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Ultimate Volt is billed in two parts and that should have been explained when you changed over, as it's certainly made clear to new customers taking out any Volt bundle that there is a Virgin Media bill and separate O2 bill.

That contract you've posted is for Virgin Media services only - so the Mobile part is for Virgin Mobile. As Ultimate Volt doesn't come with Virgin Mobile then that's why it's not included

You should have received separate contract information from O2 for your SIM when you took it out.

The experience was not great, was done over mobile phone chat and took near enough 6 hours from start to finish as the staff member insisted on going through all the steps and would not just move me from Oomph to Volt. I did ask for a transcript, but it was not available so in all honesty I do not think the two separate bills things was ever mentioned him the VM staff.

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

To be fair to the agent about the steps you have to go through from going from Oomph to Volt, there are regulatory statements that need you need to be advised about when taking out the O2 SIM, as it is a separate contract with separate T&Cs.