cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ultimate Volt Bundle o2 sim

PhilipF
Superfast

Hi I signed up for the this bundle in October, as an existing customer I didn't get the intro offer of £99 for 18 months, however my price dropped slightly, I got 1 SH4 and my existing 02 number had its data doubled. My Virgin sim that I had with the old package will be disconnected in the next few days

When you look at the offer it mentions an 02 sim card with unlimited data, calls and texts, 5G and so on. I assume this is managed by 02 billed via them

So  now pay £11 more than the offer price and don't get the sim, as an existing 02 customer shouldn't this offer be integrated in someway using my existing 02 number?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @PhilipF,

Welcome back! Thanks for posting.

I am sorry for the delay with your O2 sim, please do contact O2 regarding this and keep us posted.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

12 REPLIES 12

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
If you're on Ultimate Volt then the connected O2 SIM should have that plan.

Double allowances for existing eligible plans is for lower Volt bundles as far as I understand it.

I'd get in touch with O2 - cable customer services can't access existing O2 customer records.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

Thanks. Still not clear vm and 02 keep passing to each other. 

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @PhilipF,

Welcome back! Thanks for posting.

I am sorry for the delay with your O2 sim, please do contact O2 regarding this and keep us posted.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

pdampier
On our wavelength

Did you ever get this resolved? I have exact same issue. Retentions offered me Ultimate Volt Bundle to replace Ultimate Ooomph and it was to be 89 quid a month including O2 SIM. Now O2 says SIM is still 25 quid a month on top and Virgin Media claim Ultimate Volt Bundle doesn't include the O2 SIM when it quite clearly does include it on their web site. Its insane.

Hi 

Eventually I spoke to retentions (as they set up the revision to the contract) who agreed that the £25 discount the (02 cost) should be applied to my VM account, this has to be done manually and applied each month for the rest of the contract, they had to pass to another department to set up. The discount was backdated to November.

I would pursue with VM side and not involve 02 CS, it eventually worked out to my advantage as they have no access to each others systems.

pdampier
On our wavelength
Right now they say the need to review the "outbound retentions call log" that offered me the deal and then say "we don't usually record outbound retention call offers" so I don't hold out much hope. Did you get the O2 SIM piece on the original new contract? Mine shows "X" against SIM on the top left of the new "Ultimate Volt Bundle" contract I received when I renewed. Which makes zero sense since the "Ultimate Volt Bundle" very specifically includes the O2 unlimited data SIM when you go to order online...

I was in the 14 day cooling off period for this new contract so I have backed out and set up a new cancellation date for mid Feb. I've told them if they review the call and/or otherwise offer me the correct deal I'd rather stay with VM but given Community Fibre in my area offers symmetrical Gig Internet service for only 25 quid a month I think its most likely easier to move to that rather than deal with VM. Its always just so painful.

Hi pdampier

Sorry to hear this has happened 

Sadly as a rule we are unable to deal with packages, contracts etc on the Forums 

What normally happens when a disconnection gets placed the account, is our Retentions Team will give you a call to see if they can stop you from leaving 

Gareth_L

Gailkelly14
Tuning in

I have no idea what’s going on, I have never received the o2 sim and gave contacted virgin about. 10 times and can’t get any help…could anyone offer any advice?

Hi Gail,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, we are sorry to hear you haven't received a new O2 Sim and that the current Sim you have is about to be cancelled due to the package no longer supporting it, which package did you recently take, what was advised around the new sim, were you advised this would be a separate payment Via O2?

regards

Paul.