cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ultimate Oomph and UHD

technophobetoo
On our wavelength

Hi,

One for the Mods, I'm on an out of contract ultimate oomph which doesn't have the Sky UHD add on.

Is there any way to add this without changing the rest of the package?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @technophobetoo 

You can add the Sky Cinema and Sky Entertainment UHD add on for an additional £6 a month (can be cancelled by giving 30 days notice) without beiing tied into a new contract.

However, since you are already out of contract on the Ultimate Oomph bundle, which is now discontinued, you will be paying full price for your package.

It might be a good idea to call up and negotiate a new deal. The equivalent is the Ultimate Volt bundle, this includes the Sky Cinema and Sky Entertainment UHD add on as standard, and also Standard netflix for free. You may even get a free speed boost for your broadband. 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Not possible as the package is now ultimate volt which comes with a o2 sim rather than a vm sim

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey technophobetoo, thank you for reaching out.

At the moment sorry we don't offer Sky Sports in Ultra HD, its just the standard HD or SD we offer.

We do offer Ultra HD for Sky cinema. 

However we do have Ultra HD for BT sports. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hi Matthew,

I understand what is available, it's just a question of whether we can activate it without unravelling the existing package.

Thanks

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @technophobetoo 

You can add the Sky Cinema and Sky Entertainment UHD add on for an additional £6 a month (can be cancelled by giving 30 days notice) without beiing tied into a new contract.

However, since you are already out of contract on the Ultimate Oomph bundle, which is now discontinued, you will be paying full price for your package.

It might be a good idea to call up and negotiate a new deal. The equivalent is the Ultimate Volt bundle, this includes the Sky Cinema and Sky Entertainment UHD add on as standard, and also Standard netflix for free. You may even get a free speed boost for your broadband. 

Dave
The do's and don'ts.
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi Dave,

The thing is I'm not on a standard deal hence my approach to the mods in the first instance.

Cheers

Hey technophobetoo, thank you for reaching back out.

Yes you can add these on and it wont affect the package at all. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hi Matt,
How can I do this?
Thanks

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @technophobetoo 

Have you tried the following link?

https://www.virginmedia.com/offers/skyUHDregistration 

Dave
The do's and don'ts.

Hi technophobetoo, thank you for coming back to us!

Sadly we do not generally support with package changes via the forum so you will need to get in touch to get this added on for you. 

Here are all the ways to contact us:

By phone on 0345 454 1111

By text on 0844 755 0117

By WhatsApp on +447305 327 112

Please do get back in touch via this thread if you need further support and we will be happy to help! 

All the best. 

Molly