cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

URGENT-DEFAULT ON ACCOUNT- affecting mortgage

Jonathancunni
Tuning in

URGENT.

hi I need to get hold of credit file amendments team ASAP as there are two defaults on my credit file which has caused me and my partner to be rejected on our mortgage application this morning for our dream home. One of the defaults I paid in full on the  9th of July 2021, reference 056831. I wasn’t aware of the other default until the mortgage lender brought it to my attention this morning, I am willing to clear this in full immediately and have them both removed. I have a  zero balance confirmation letter for the default provided. They told me it would be updated within two weeks, it has now been over 5 week and virgin have not taken any action!!! We have already paid thousands in solicitors fees and already had our offer accepted on a property, this is an awful situation to be in to have a mortgage denied because of misunderstandings and a lack of communication. I cannot wait 21 days for the credit file amendment team to respond otherwise we will lose the house which we have waited so long for , we need this case fast tracking please urgently.

7 REPLIES 7

crany
Superfast

they wont remove the defaults when you pay the default will still remain on your credit file for six years just marked as settled they dont get removed, it also take a while for you file to update. If you just want to pay the outstanding bill you can phone in and pay by calling 150 from a virgin phone or 0345 454 1111

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Jonathancunni thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

I am sorry to hear you're having issues with your credit file which may prevent you getting the home you're looking to buy.  I can confirm any payments you make or have made on an account which has defaulted will not remove from your credit file.  Also in regards to the time taken.  Virgin Media update as soon as the payment that clears the balance is made.  It's then down to the relevant agencies to update their files, sorry.  

Regards

Lee_R

Hi thanks for your response. My mortgage advisor has said that VM need to settle them and update my file. I cannot wait for 21 days im sorry i will lose my house. These were both a misunderstanding and its not fair on me & my family. I have paid one in full with receipt and the other one i am willing to clear immediately and i want my file updating to settled. Please can you sort this out 

I paid one 5 weeks ago and they haven’t updated it to settled. I dont know how these guys havent had a knock from the authorities with the way they fob people off and ruin peoples credit without even notifying them of the issue and giving them a chance to sort things out. The service is beyond belief. I was cut off 3 times yesterday when calling that number and no one could help.

Jonathancunni
Tuning in

I am still awaiting a helpful response from someone at Virgin Media. Can you please help me settle these 2 defaults on my credit file? I need this sorting today please as my mortgage application has been knocked back until these are settled from your side. I have paid one in full and would like to pay the other one immediately and i need them settling today from Virgin Media credit file amendments. I cannot wait 21 days for this please help

Please confirm which payments have been made as you have stated. We paid in July and told it would been classified as settled by the end of July when the account refreshes. Why has this not been  settled. The poor service provided by virgin media is affecting our credit score and causing implications and finance stress!

This case needs fast tracking immediately! Please help this is urgent . We have received no support. We cannot wait 3 week. The file needs to be settled and updated today! We know this is possible, this is urgent 

thanks 

@Jonathancunni  I am going to send you a private message.

Regards

Lee_R