cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancellation

ElaineCurrie6
Joining in

Can anybody please provide an email address to contact Virgin Media regarding cancellation?  There are various links on their website but they just go round in circles without revealing an email contact.  Phoning gets nowhere (unless you count hanging on for ages and getting cut off).

I sent written notice of cancellation to the address provided (giving the 30 days VM require) over a week ago but have not received any acknowledgement.

All I need from them is details of how (and to where) they want their equipment returned.  I have read online that they provide boxes/bags, labelling instructions and have a peferred courier service.

I don't want to just leave their TV boxes lying around when I have moved on but the return address seems to be a secret.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There is no customer-service email, although staff do respond to posts on these boards.

You can check what equipment you have, and order any returns packaging, at https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-return-or-recycle-equipment 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There is no customer-service email, although staff do respond to posts on these boards.

You can check what equipment you have, and order any returns packaging, at https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-return-or-recycle-equipment 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thank you, that link is to the exact page I have been trying to find.

Unfortunately, the page does not provide details on how to return equipment, it just directs to another page. It seems the only way to get this information is by phone. I have hearing difficulties, so do my best to avoid this. I made the call (very difficult because of my hearing problems) only to be told that I could not return the TV boxes unless I provide VM with a new permanent address and a moving date. I am not prepared to give out this sort of information for no reason. I am sick of Virgin Media's terrible service. I will not accept responsibility for what happens to the unwanted TV boxes. I have given notice of cancellation by post and by phone. If Virgin Media don't care about recovering unwanted equipment I won't bother about it.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @ElaineCurrie6,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for posting. 

Sorry to hear you are leaving us. I have taken a look at your account and can confirm there is a work order currently raised for your disconnection. 

In regards to returning your equipment, I can see the notes on the account advise there is none which needs returning. You have a TiVo box which can be recycled. More info on this can be found on the link @japitts kindly sent.

For your reference- Recycling my Kit

You will receive a final bill and if you have any credit on your account we will refund you that amount via a cheque which will be sent to the forwarding address you provided. 

Let me know if you have any further questions. 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Ayisha

Thank you for clarifying this for me. I misunderstood the reference to asking for special bags to return boxes.

My contract termination date has been set and I wanted to make sure the Virgin Media boxes were taken care of.  I was not looking at recycling the boxes, I was looking for a way of returning them. The boxes are only a few months old and are in perfect condition.  I know there has been a shortage of the new boxes and assumed Virgin Media would be able to reuse these. However, it is no problem for me to send them to our local dump.

Hi @ElaineCurrie6,

Thanks for your message. I can appreciate where you are coming from however we do not require your TiVo boxes to be returned. We’re not reusing many of our older products now because they don’t give our customers the best experience and are not as power efficient. 

We encourage you to dispose of them in an environmentally friendly way. 

Many Thanks

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs