cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPGRADE EASEILY ONLINE I THINK NOT!!

roobear78
Joining in

ok so decided to recontract the other night and went onto the portal and selected a new package,nothing too much more only slightly higher broadband and more channels on television! the offer said as recontracting no fees! happys days,seleceted and off we go!

day later get an eamil saying £65 fee for new package activation and engineer visit,so called them up today and complained,the agent was super nice and actually did me a better deal on the package and got the £65 fee re credited so was happy chappy UNTIL

checked my email little while ago and new mail from the company fast becomeing the comic clowns of uk entertainment services, new package confirmed,new hub arriveing by yodel on saturday oh and heres a £100 one off charge!!!!!!!  

to say im livid is an understatement something that should have taken 30 seconds on teh customer portal 2 nights ago and now im haveing to contact on the phone again! can someone at virgin please please please get a hold of the it manager and slap them accross the face with the biggest wettest fish they can find,there team is on par with the muppets for calamity!!! id say something worse but im trying to be nice,and tbh at this moment thinking about useing the 14 day cool off and just leaveing all together im sick and tired of the circus maximums antics !!!!!!!!

5 REPLIES 5

TresFrustre
Up to speed

Unfortunately, you’ve fallen foul of the Virgin Media hidden fees wheeze.

You said you selected the upgrade online and it advertised no activation fees etc were payable. You then see on your written confirmation, fees for £65 (£35 service activation + £30 engineer’s visit). When you complained about the £65, the smart sales advisor saw the chance of further pickings by removing the £65 invalid fee and completing a new deal with you that includes the £99.95 equipment activation fee.  Did the sales advisor confirm in that call there would be no fees for the revised deal? If he/she didn’t, you’ve been trumped. Bit underhand but nonetheless clever. If, however the sales advisor said no fees are payable under the new deal then you have a case and I hope one of the Forum Team members will be able to waive the fee.

I’m not sure you can rely on the 14 day cooling off period and cancel everything. This is for new contracts. I believe your upgrade falls under section K of the T&C’s – Changing Your Agreement, even though you’re arranging a new minimum term. What Virgin will allow is for you to go back to your previous contract so you’d return to a 30 day rolling contract, if that’s what you were on.

This is my interpretation, others may see things differently!

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi roobear78

Weelcome to the Community and thanks for posting. 

I am sorry to hear of the issues you have experienced when arranging the change to your package. 

When speaking to the team about this, did they mention adding any credits to the account to cover the charges? 

If so, this would be done manually and would not appear on the email but would be confirmed in your next statement. 

You mentioned the email also confirmed the package price, was this the same amount you had opted for online? 

Thanks 

Nat

hi thanks for your reply, all new contracts in the uk are entitled to a 14 day minimum cooling off period,doesnt matter if you are an existing customer or not,if you entering into a new minimum term agreement then the 14 day rule applys, there exceptions for certain services,cable aint one of them! ALL uk contracts are the same by the way,mobile,power supply etc

hi natalie

yes when i called yesterday and said about the original charge of £65 when first doing upgrade she opend a complaint and confirmed a one of credit of £65 i got an email confirming this too,are you saying that wont be credited to by bill until its generated on the 10th of this month?

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for your reply. 

I would need to take a look at the account in order to confirm the details of what has been offered or applied. 

I will pop you over a private message to grab some details and this will be available via the purple envelope on the top right of this page. 

Speak soon, 

Nat