cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ULT-OOMPH Transferring Virgin Mobile number after calling to cancel all services

allbertoval
Joining in

Hi I have read reports when you call Virgin to disconnect all services for ultimate OOMPH, that you cannot transfer your inclusive sim number.

This has to be done before cancellation using a PAC code, which then puts you on a NON OOMPH tarriff beginning a new 18m Contract losing your right to penalty free cancellation of all services due to price rises 

Can someone confirm that in the 30 day notice period can you transfer virgin number to another provider or does calling virgin to cease all services surrender your current number? 

Is there a 30 day period after requesting cancellation?

Regards

3 REPLIES 3

allbertoval
Joining in

Hi Steven 

I must ask I am in exactly the same situation. Can you confirm that when you process the cancellation, you can still use a PAC code or does the 30 day notice period cancel the SIM, if I call up requesting to cancel my Ultimate OOMPH. , can I still transfer it to another provider using Virgins PAC whilst in the notice period 

Kind regards

Ryan 

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Allbertoval, 

Thank you for your post, 

If you are wanting to take your number elsewhere I would advise doing so before your 30days, you can do this within 30 days but it will be time-sensitive.

Zoie

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Allbertoval,

Thank you for your post 🙂 
You can use a PAC at any point before or in your 30 days, it can be time-sensitive 24-48 hours so make sure not to leave it too late

Zoie