cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two accounts linked to one email

Alamont90
Tuning in

Hello, 

So I have two Virgin Media accounts linked to one email address. This is because one of them is for my mum (who doesn't have an email address) who has been with Virgin for ages. The other is for my house which I have recently signed up to. 

The only problem is I can only access the bills/payment details for my mum's account and not my own! So I don't know if a direct debit has been set up and I can't check my usage etc. 

Please can someone let me know how I can either switch the viewing of accounts on the same address of if I can provide a different email address for my own account?

12 REPLIES 12

Vikki_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Alamont90

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community 🙂

You will need to register your account please with your own individual account number and details. 

You can do this here 

If you are able to use a different email address to the one used previously please, this should then work for you.

Please do let us know how you get on. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi,

This doesn't work because I used my email address to sign up.

Please can you let me know what I can do. 

Alex

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Alamont90,

Thanks for coming back to us with this information. Unfortunately, there isn't a way for us to put 2 accounts onto a single email address within the My Virgin Media portal.

There are two options here, you can either create a second email address and use that to register your account for your own address. Or, you can create an email address for your Mum and change it through her My Virgin Media account and then use your own email on yours.

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Hi Reece, 

So when I tried to register with a different email address as suggested it wouldn't allow me because it wasn't the one I used when signing up.

Please can you help me get around this issue!?

It is quite frustrating that your system even allows this to happen in the first place!

Alex

Hey there @Alamont90, thanks for the reply.

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you've had with your online profile.
I will look in to this for you and further investigate the matter.
Watch out for the purple envelope inviting you to a private message 🙂

Kind regards.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Ilyas,

Thank you, I will keep an eye out for the notification.

Alex

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Alamont90,

Thanks for your response. I can see Ilyas has sent you a PM, since his main reply, requesting some further details. You should see it in the top-right of the Forums, in the purple envelope.

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Hi Reece,

Whilst Ilyas is assisting me with this, can you please assist me with another issue?

It has been over 28 days since my installation which took place on the 8th July and I have still received no email or communication regarding the free LG tv that was a part of the offer of signing up to the bundle I did. 

Please can you investigate as to why there is a delay and speed the process up as I have now waited longer than expected for this. 

I do wonder if without chasing, would I ever receive the TV. 

I look forward to your reply. 

Alex

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Alamont90 

When will I receive my gift?

Hardware Gifts
Our trusted partner Exertis will despatch your hardware gift within 28 days of the activation or installation of your Virgin Media services. Once your gift has been despatched, it should be delivered to you within 14 days.

I have not received my gift / voucher after 28 days? What do I do?

I haven’t received my gift

Remember, if you are receiving a Virgin Media free gift of hardware or wine, it can take an additional 14 days for your gift to get to you once it has been dispatched. It is possible that the courier attempted to deliver it while you were not at home. If they did attempt a delivery, they will drop a card through your letterbox letting you know how to rearrange your delivery.

If you have not received your gift after 14 days of being dispatched, text us for free on 0753 305 1809 and one of our team will be happy to help

Info from https://www.virginmedia.com/help/gifts 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali