cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to set up an online account

MichaelStear
Tuning in

I am trying to set up an online account. When I request a new password it says don't know username. When I ask for username it doesn't know it. When I try to create a new account it says there is a problem. The issue has been logged now for 4 days with no response . 

6 REPLIES 6

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @MichaelStear thank you so much for your post and I am so sorry to hear you are having this issue! 

Can I ask if you are a new customer with us who is yet to be installed, or if you are a returning customer? 

Thank you. 

MichaelStear
Tuning in

It is an old account in my mothers name that has my power of attorney in it! It was under an old email, that was all meant to have been sorted but I still can’t get online! 

Corey_C

Sorry to hear your login issues are ongoing, MichaelStear, I've sent you a private message to confirm your account details.

Cheers,

Corey C

I am still trying to set up this on line account. I have gone through the telephone menus and spoke to multiple people and still not got anywhere. The latest excuse is because it is a phone account only with no broadband. Yet the bill says

Hello,

Your Virgin Media bill is ready and waiting for you online. To check out your detailed bill, previous bills and any charges you've incurred since your last bill, just sign into My Virgin Media.

Here's a quick summary of the brilliant things you can do with My Virgin Media - our online account area that really lets you take control 24/7:

View your detailed monthly bills
View your up-to-date account balance and monthly usage
Make a credit or debit card payment and store your card details for future use
Set up a Direct Debit to make your monthly payments easy
Access our other free apps and services, such as Virgin Media Mail, SmartCall and online security tools

"sign into virgin media"

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi MichaelStear,

It's odd just to have a landline with VM.  Is the account for a mobile phone?

If so you need to register via this link https://mobile.virginmedia.com/ecare/registration?execution=e1s1  

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi MichaelStear, sorry to hear this problem registering an online account is ongoing. I can see there was recently an update on the IT ticket that was raised for this previously - and they have asked you to try registration again. Can I ask if you've been able to try again recently - and if so, is the problem the same as before? 

Tom