cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to register but password not accepted!?

karlitofingers
Joining in

Not much else to say really, I cannot register for my new account because virgin wont accept my password!?

VM can you DM me about this issue before I cancel?

karl. 

24 REPLIES 24

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Karl,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I'm sorry to see you're having some issues setting up an account. 

So I can take a closer look at this I'll need a few details from you, I've popped you over a private message (purple envelope, top right hand corner)

Alex_Rm

Hello, 

I'm having the same exact issue described above.
I tried so many different passwords but it doesn't accept any of them, even with the requirements checked.

Could you help me with this, please?

Thanks

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @caio_orio,

Thanks for getting in touch and a warm welcome to our Community Forums 😊

I'm going to need to get some more details from you for this. I've sent you a PM, you'll be able to find this at the top-right of our forums - it looks like a small purple envelope.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

I've been having the same problem. Tried everything from trying another browser and cleaning the cache to only using lowercase letters in the password.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Lucas_Araujo,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post and I'm very sorry to hear that you're having some issues with your password when registering for an online account with us. 

Please try the following options when creating your password:

• Keep the password between 8-10 characters
  • Start with a letter
  • Must contain at least one number
  • No special characters

Please let us know how you get on and if you need more help with this issue.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I’m running in to the same problem I’ve try sting passwords I’ve try short one that meet the requirements but still not luck 

Hi there @Tribedr, welcome to our forum and thanks for your post.

I'm sorry to see that you are having issues with getting onto your online account. When the password is not being accepted are you seeing any error codes at all? Have you also recently taken out any new services or transferred your services?

I would also recommend trying this on multiple browsers and devices as well as clearing the cookies and cache to see if this helps.

If you need any further assistance please let us know and we will be happy to help. 

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

I’ve just taken out a new service with you today and no error code just saying you can’t use this password please pick a new one 

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for your reply Tribedr. 

Can you please try these steps and let us know how you get on?

• Clear Cache and Cookies
  • Try another browser/device
  • Download the My Virgin Media app to complete the registration

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Nat