Menu
OllyMillMill
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Trying to downgrade before discount ends

I rang up and tried to cancel/downgrade as my discounts end in november and i expect the price to skyrocket. 

I think the person on the phone basically said ring back on the 22nd of this month as thats when it ends. 

we have a V6 box and 2 extra TV boxes, broadband and a full house xl TV package.

What i want to have is just 2 boxes and maybe a lesser TV package to get the bill to stay as what it is now.

The room i want to cancel TV in has the V6 box but ideally would like to move the V6 box into a room with a standard TV box currently, can this be done? basically cancel a standard box and manually move the V6 into that room. 

What number do i ring, should i do it now and how do i explain the above to the call center?

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Trying to downgrade before discount ends

dial 150 or 0345 454 1111 and follow the prompts to - 'thinking of leaving us' - then "technical issues" - dont worry about that they do much more - open 8am -10pm 7 days a week - should take you to a UK call centre

leave it until 30 days before the end date of your contract as afaik you have to give 30 days notice to reduce your package - if you do it now any discounts will end at the change over date

what they will offer is anybodies guess - you might be better giving 30 days notice to leave and hope outbound retentions ring with a better offer - they dont ring all who give 30 days but if they do any offer will usually be better than you can get by ringing in - if they dont ring you can always pull your notice and hope for a reasonable deal

Tony
0 Kudos
alexdorning
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I have just followed your instructions myself to spend 36 minutes in a que, the greeted by someone who's accent its so thick that I cannot make out whether this person is male or female.

"UK call centre" - lol, nah.

To be put on silent hold for 10 minutes, then it switched to the music hold que, then a new non-UK based call centre operative answered like I was a fresh call.

I am currently explaining the same thing all over again, I know for a fact that this person is grasping 10-15% MAXIMUM of what I am saying.

Then back to the que...

BAM! A British guy comes on the call and resolves in 30 seconds. A communications company introducing its own communications problems to people seeking customer service...

Genius.

OllyMillMill
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Yea i struggled to understand the person i got, he said it would be best if i rang back around the 22nd so i explained what i wanted and when i realised i was wasting my time i asked if i should ring back on the 22nd and he said ‘thank you for your call’ and hung up. 

i was hoping when i mentioned calling stuff that he would put me through to the escalated cancel team 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi OllyMillMill,

Thank you very much for your post. We are sorry to hear you've had a bit of a long winded effort in trying to sort this out, we would certainly like to have a further look into things for you to see what can be done. This will require a private message in order to ask some security details and access the account. We will follow up right away.

Many thanks,

Louis

0 Kudos