Menu
Unhappyharry
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Trying to change my contract/monthly payment

Hi All,

I just went through to "I am thinking of cancelling my account" via 150. After a long hold I was put through to a well spoken gentleman from what sounded like a foreign call center who gave me his name (I guess I shouldnt post that here?) He said he was in the technical team (seemed odd) and offered his assistance. I suggested I did not feel I was making enough use of Movies or my landline and could we look at different options as I was unhappy with my monthly bill. I also suggested at more than double what was on offer to new customers it seemed far too high. He went away to look at things then came back after a couple of minutes to say no there was nothing that could be done to change my package and that I should ring back on the 15th or 16th of this month? I started to question this as he offered no explanation or alternatives, and at this point the phone went dead? He had previously taken my phone number and email but I have not had a call back or a mail?

Any thought suggestions welcome?

0 Kudos
Mervynhancock
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Trying to change my contract/monthly payment

Must be the same gentleman I spoke to about getting a better deal after the price increase! My phone went dead too after I told him that I was fed up with receiving mailshots addressed to the householder offering deals at half the price I am paying. Virgin wants to get new customers but couldn't care a hoot about the ones who have been paying them for years.
machineghost
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Actually ask for disconnection. They are likely to offer you a better deal

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Unhappyharry,

Welcome to our forums and thank you for getting in touch. I do apologise that you were unable to arrange a suitable package and that your call was ended prematurely.

I can assure you that ending a call isn't something our teams would usually look to do unless they felt this was required due to poor signal etc. Sometimes phone technical errors can occur and we do our best to get back in touch if you were disconnected. It sounds like the agent may have been connected with another customer before having the chance to redial. The experience clearly isn't what I'd like to see and I'm sorry for this.

All new customers will receive a welcome discount, which you should also have received when you joined us. Existing customer offers are always subject to change, so it may be worth giving us another call as suggested by the agent you spoke to.

Have you been able to negotiate a new package since your post?

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos