cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to cancel

dannycastle
Tuning in

I've never known a company like it.  

Tried to cancel my service today - it's way too expensive so I need a more basic service from a cheaper competitor.  I could potentially have been persuaded to stay, but not after my experience today.

No way to get through on phone so tried the text/whatsapp service, which is clearly a prank service. 5 hours being repeatedly given the hard sell on services I didn't want. I stated I want to cancel about 25 times, all ignored. No prospect whatsoever of anything being done.  Surely it's manned by robots?  No human being could possibly be so impervious to reason. 

I'm sure it's hilarious for Virgin watching people get more and more frustrated.  But it's made me determined never to have anything to do with this company ever again. 

Virgin, I despise you from the depths of my soul. 

I suppose I'll be calling at 8am and posting a recorded delivery letter.  Unbelievable and shameful that a tech company insists on stuff like this.

Scandalous that tactics like this are legal, frankly.

6 REPLIES 6

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @dannycastle,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

It's a shame to hear that you wish to leave, and I am so sorry to hear of your experience when trying to make this request with the team. We do get busy from time-to-time which results in call queues and also delayed responses via our SMS and WhatsApp contact channels, but I assure you that a member of the team will respond to assist you as soon as they become available.

We're unable to process package changes from here, including cancellation, but I would recommend calling the retentions team on 0345 454 1111 (or 150 from a Virgin Media landline) as the quickest option should you wish to do this. We also have other contact options available here, including live chat.

Keep us posted, and let us know if there's anything more we can help you with.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

On Saturday, I sent the recorded delivery letter and phoned again.

I managed to get through this time, after only about 20 minutes on hold.  To my amazement, the call handler put up only a minimal effort to offer me alternative packages etc. and agreed to cancel my account.  So far so good.  

But how do I know it has indeed been cancelled?  I asked her about a confirmation email but she sounded a little surprised and gave me a slightly shifty "Er, yes.  You'll get an email."

Needless to say, no email has arrived.  I guess I'll have to ring again to make sure?    

What's the next step?  Why can't Virgin just behave like a normal company?

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for the update. 

An agent wouldn't send a confirmation email when it has been done as it's not something any agent would do - so I apologise they advised that you would get one. 

I can understand the frustration that would be caused by the back and forth - what I will do is send you over a private message, look into the account and see what's gone on. It's not something we would normally do but I don't think it would be right to send you back to the very place you've just come from. 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

After an intervention from Ryan, I have finally had confirmation that my account will be closed.

It shouldn't have been necessary but I do appreciate his help.  

Hopefully, I won't need to post here again.  Fingers crossed.

Hello everyone.  Me again.  Bit of an update for you.

Virgin called a couple of times after my cancellation.  Spoke to one chap and spelled out my reasons for  leaving.  He confirmed my end of contract would be 30th May and that I would be sent packaging material for returning the equipment.  OK.

Had a couple of emails - 'sorry you're leaving' etc.  (Which I have kept and filed, by the way).  A couple more offers of better packages, obviously.  Fine, whatever.

21st May - email telling me my new Virgin bill is ready.  Hmm.  Ok, maybe that's done automatically, it'll all be sorted out in my final bill.  Won't it?  Won't it?

Now its 1st June.  No final bill.  I've just been onto 'My Virgin Media'.  Looks awfully like my account is still active. Details of my  No indication that the account is closed.

PLease tell me that this is a mix-up and that my account is indeed closed.

I really want this over with.

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Just to clear the situation up here. 

There has been no indication at all that the cancellation will not take place - which has yet to even reach the date of doing so. I would understand if the date has gone by and this still remains the same, but it has not. 

I have also responded to your private message. 

Cheers, 

Ryan.