cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to cancel services. So frustrating.

mogunremi
Tuning in

My contract comes to an end in April and I've been trying to cancel my services before the price increase and my contract ends.

It has been the most frustrating process ever. I keep getting passed from person to person on the phone who keep asking me the same questions over and over again and then getting nowhere. I've tried online and now I've written a complaint and letter which I will send to their postal address.

I'm normally a very calm person and rarely get angry like this but VM really have got me riled up. My charges will go up to £57 a month (broadband and phone I never use) next month. I've been a customer for a few years and they've certainly had their money's worth off me but now somehow they just can't do a simple cancellation. 

Has anyone successfully managed to do this. I'll be contacted Ofcom soon if my complaint goes unanwered.

I'm keeping a record of correspondence but am at my wits end with them. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Mogunremi 👋 welcome back to the community! Thank you for posting. 

Sorry to hear about your difficulties trying to cancel. Sadly we don't offer support with cancellations (or package changes) via the community. Here are all the ways you can cancel 👉 How to cancel Virgin Media broadband & TV | Virgin Media Help. If you need to get in touch you can  You can call us on📞 0345 454 1111 or 150 from a VM landline. Text us 📲 on +44753 305 1809, and WhatsApp us on +447305 327 112 .

However, I do appreciate you have not had the best experience here and I would like to offer help with your complaint. On this basis I will send you a PM to confirm a few details and ensure this is raised correctly. You can find my PM in the top right corner of the page in your Inbox. 

Thank you for your patience in the meantime! Wishing you all the best. 🌞

Molly

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

mogunremi
Tuning in

Sorry to jump on thread but can you help me too? Trying to cancel. It's an infuriating process and still not sorted. 

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@mogunremi wrote:

My contract comes to an end in April and I've been trying to cancel my services before the price increase and my contract ends.

It has been the most frustrating process ever. I keep getting passed from person to person on the phone who keep asking me the same questions over and over again and then getting nowhere. I've tried online and now I've written a complaint and letter which I will send to their postal address.

I'm normally a very calm person and rarely get angry like this but VM really have got me riled up. My charges will go up to £57 a month (broadband and phone I never use) next month. I've been a customer for a few years and they've certainly had their money's worth off me but now somehow they just can't do a simple cancellation. 

Has anyone successfully managed to do this. I'll be contacted Ofcom soon if my complaint goes unanwered.

I'm keeping a record of correspondence but am at my wits end with them. 

Instead of writing a complaint letter, just make it a letter giving VM the 30 days required notice to cancel your services. Send to the Sunderland address here including the required info

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/leaving

Use a first class, signed for service for proof of delivery.

Anonymous
Not applicable

As above but please still let Ofcom know all about your experience of trying to cancel with Virgin Media and how it affected you.

It's important they are fully appraised of the seriousness and scale of the problem. 

N1kk11
Tuning in

I feel your pain. I've tried and ended up in a 4 day 'chat' on whatsapp. Ive just been given a telephone number to ring on a thread ive asked the same sort of question so hopefully i'll finally get the answers i need 

0345 454 1111 - sorry forgot to give you the number

Hi Mogunremi 👋 welcome back to the community! Thank you for posting. 

Sorry to hear about your difficulties trying to cancel. Sadly we don't offer support with cancellations (or package changes) via the community. Here are all the ways you can cancel 👉 How to cancel Virgin Media broadband & TV | Virgin Media Help. If you need to get in touch you can  You can call us on📞 0345 454 1111 or 150 from a VM landline. Text us 📲 on +44753 305 1809, and WhatsApp us on +447305 327 112 .

However, I do appreciate you have not had the best experience here and I would like to offer help with your complaint. On this basis I will send you a PM to confirm a few details and ensure this is raised correctly. You can find my PM in the top right corner of the page in your Inbox. 

Thank you for your patience in the meantime! Wishing you all the best. 🌞

Molly

update. I 'think' it's been cancelled over the phone but no email confirmation yet.

Recorded the whole conversation. Due to be disconnected end of April.

Hi Mogunremi, thank you for returning to the public thread to keep things updated!

Glad to hear you have been able to cancel over the phone! I will continue to support you with the complaint via PM - you have another response in your Inbox! 

All the best. 🌞

Molly