cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to cancel my contract.

Paul_Mac
Joining in

Been trying to cancel my Virgin Media contract which includes everything.

First phoned cancelations team, 20/12/21, gave my 30 days notice, said it was processed but could not give me a disconnection date, but I would received email confirmation within 24hrs.

Realised after the festive period that I'd never received confirmation or any communication to say  when the turn off date was, and now needed to make other arraignments with new provider.

Phoned again,10/01/22, another 40min wait! and spoke to another guy who said my account had not been cancelled, so gave my 30 days notice again and said I would get a confirmation email. I wasn't confident as he seemed quite vague and didn't speak English very well. did not get an email...

I used the online message service to try and find out if this had been cancel, after giving my security details and request I waited nearly 3 hrs then gave up.

Phoned again,17/01.22, another 30min wait!, spoke to a guy called Mark, who told me my account still had not been cancelled and would need to give another 30 days notice! I explained that this was the third time now and why had it not been cancelled on the previous requests...Again he didn't speak great English and was a terrible line with kids screaming in the background, not very professional. He could not give me any explanations and no apologises made. I gave my 30 days notice again and have not received any emails.

Raised a complaint, 17/01.22, response back was:

Your complaint was:
Cable My Contract/Package > I'm trying to Cancel 

And here’s what we agreed:
Customer Experience > Charges not valid

We’ve now closed your complaint. Thanks again for bearing with us.

What does this even mean??

I refuse to phone again!, I don't have the time and just going round in circles. I can see I'm one of many having the same ongoing problems when trying to cancel VM.

Can someone please help me to see if this has been cancelled or not. All I need is confirmation and a disconnection date.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Paul_Mac

Thank you so much for connecting with me via the PM and I am glad we have been able to arrange this disconnection for you.

I am very sorry that we are losing you as customer but we wish you the best of luck with your new provider. 

Thank you. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

15 REPLIES 15

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Paul_Mac

Thank you so much for your first post to our community forums and welcome.

I am so sorry to hear that you have had this experience and I understand how frustrating this must have been. 

I'd be happy to look into this for you, I will send you a PM now so we can look into this further for you. 

Please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message. 

Thank you. 

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Paul_Mac

Thank you so much for connecting with me via the PM and I am glad we have been able to arrange this disconnection for you.

I am very sorry that we are losing you as customer but we wish you the best of luck with your new provider. 

Thank you. 

I also have this exact same problem.  I contacted Virgin Media at the start of January to cancel  and my notice period started that day.  The 30 day notice period ended on the 10th February.  I phoned that day on the 10th February to confirm it has been cancelled and I was told by Virgin that the service was ending midnight that day.

I have now had an email today saying I still owe them for a full months service.  I have logged into the my virgin media and it’s still saying I have service,

What is going on?  I am not doing another 30 day notice period and I want  it cancelled as of the 10th February as was promised by Virgin Media.

Hi @SiPie,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I am so sorry to hear that you're having some complications with a disconnection request recently. I'm afraid we're unable to process package changes from here on the forums, which includes both upgrades and cancellations.

I'd recommend getting in contact with our retentions department on 0345 454 1111 (or 150 from a Virgin Media landline) so they can investigate and assist you with this.

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

I am selling my buy to let property and have so far been on the phone 30 minutes trying to speak to someone. Why is there no simple way to give notice to terminate the contract? What can I do to speak to a real person?

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Juliet7

The quickest method is by calling around 8am if possible when lines first open and are least busy.

If you don't want to be tied up on the phone you could also use WhatsApp on 0730 532 7112. This often takes 4-6 hours, however for the past few days forum staff have been advising this method can take 24 hours..

You can also cancel using the good old fashioned Royal Mail. If writing include all of your account details and send it by registered (signed for) post to 

Virgin Media
Sunderland
SR43 4AA

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

A similar story.

No way to cancel.

A hard mail will never arrive.

When, I managed to connect: they confirm the hard mail has not arrived, and "server is down" so they can not cancel contract.

All further calls were terminated after 20-30 minutes of waiting.

My steps so far:

a formal complain to OFCOM:

Currently 2 hours on whatsapp. To get to whatsapp: selected complain via the web chat.

The lesson: avoid Virgin in all cost!

Further steps: complain using the web form and ask to return money. After they refused to make a case to Financial services complaints.

Hi @igor34

Thanks for posting on our community forum and sorry to hear about your issue with cancelling.

Our team will look to have this resolved for you via our WhatsApp chat - have they managed to provide you with an update on the cancellation now? 

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Continuation.

WhatsApp. To get to whatsapp chat, I first went to

the complain web page and select the web chat:

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/contact-us/complaints/broadband-tv-phone-contact

and press the button "Message Us". After 5 minutes bot-conversation, I had another 20 minutes conversation/waiting and it was suggested to continue at WhatsApp. Note, my initial aim was a complain.

After switching to whatsapp, again, bots and human Andrew were chatting with me around 100 minutes (I was Homunculus loxodontus). Andrew is a front line agent to find a way to avoid contract cancelling. At some point, I mentioned the magic word "moving home" (it is the case)  and was transfered to a different department. After being Homunculus loxodontus for another 45 minutes, I was connected to Justine from a "home moving" department. Again, several tricks to avoid cancelling, the contract was cancelled. I was promised to receive an email with the chat and cancellinh confirmation. So far, I have just the chat in WhatsApp as a proof.

Remaining issues.

Hard mail communications. During the chat, nobody was able to confirm that the Virgin Media has received my hard "sign for" mail with the cancellation form (taking from the contract). The statement I saw on VMC that the Virgin Media put mails to the bin is still valid.

Hub. I had (hopefully) a pay monthly contract and paid £80 in front. The contract stated that this payment for (i) the Hub and (ii) one-off flexi fee. However, Justine told me that I have to return the hub. So need to escalate this issue via a complain.

Finally, about the broadband. The Hub was orange all the time, but in working conditions. Note that "orange" is another Virgin feature.