cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to Leave

bigbadphil
Tuning in

I am in the process of trying to leave.

I have noticed a few things when trying to do so which is quite underhand.

1. If you go through the options on the phone to upgrade your service, you can speak to someone in a jiffy. If you try to cancel, you are on hold for over an hour listening to the same 5 songs.

Do they expect us to just hang up? They're ALWAYS busy!!!

2. Forgotten password because I haven't rung for 18 months. Upgrades don't have a problem accessing the account with different security questions. But cancellations CANNOT get in without the password. 'I'll email you the password and ring back'. Well why cant you email it me and ill tell you now, saves me waiting another hour listening to George Ezra. Apparently it takes up to 40 mins for the email to come through? Though VM had the best internet?

3. A new customer can get the same as me for £40, yet I pay £95. And I've been with them for years. Nope, see ya later. I'd rather watch the wall than give them my money.

Without doubt its the best for products, but the customer service is shocking. I've been with VM since it was blueyonder. Most of the people I speak to probably hadn't even gone through puberty when I signed with them. 

Forget going through trading standards and all that! I just want to speak to someone to cancel my service. 

Unreal

3 REPLIES 3

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @bigbadphil 

It's best to call around 8am when lines first open and are least busy.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

So its a customer issue for not phoning at the right time?

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @bigbadphil,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post and I'm very sorry to hear that you're wanting to leave our services and move to another provider. 

We understand that you have to do what's best for you and your family. If you're wanting to cancel, please take a look at our Cancellation page for more details on this process. 

I'm very sorry that you're unhappy with your package price at the moment. The best wait to talk to us about your package price would be to call us on 150/ 03454541111 or text us on 07533051809 to discuss your monthly price.

Unfortunately, we're unable to process package changes or disconnections from this platform, but if you're having some issues with your security password, I'll do all I can to help. Please let us know if you'd like assistance with this.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs