Menu
colmax
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Trying to Contact VM to Cancel Account

I have  been trying by telephone and web chat to contact VM. I want to cancel the contract as it is due to expire - I get through to long wait time phone queues and web chats that increase in waiting time! Can anyone please advise if there are more direct contact numbers rather than the 03454541111? 

0 Kudos
colmax
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Trying to Contact VM to Cancel Account

Now closed - solution found

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@colmax wrote:

Now closed - solution found

It would be useful to others if you could advise your solution.

@colmax

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
colmax
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I'm afraid only perseverance - and eventually managing to get through to an adviser who listened to me and put me through to Customer Relationship team. They were excellent (customer relationship team) in fact and I am now hopeful that ongoing issues will be resolved by engineer visit. I elected to stay with VM for another 12 months as a result.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Kath_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi colmax, 

Thanks for your post and for coming back to update the thread too. 

We're glad you've decided to stick with us. 

If you have further issues, pop back and let us know. There's a chance it's something we can help you with 🙂

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

riceturbo
Joining in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I have been trying all afternoon to get some action on complaints.  I have been told lies, transferred to three diferent departments the last of which never connected to an operator and exactly one hour after dialling 150 I was cut off.  Rather than give help they think you will just give up before your hour is up and not bother them again.  Why can't we have a UK only customer service number? I've found from experience that on the rare occasion I have got a UK operator problems usually get solved, now it seems to be the opposite because you get connected to who knows where.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hello Riceturbo, 

Thank you for your post. 

I'm very sorry for any issues you have experienced with our customer service team. 

Please can I take some further details about what your complaint is in relation to and how long ago it was raised with our team? 

Dean C

0 Kudos
riceturbo
Joining in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dean

I lost hope of anything being solved when online help told me it hadn't gone to the page I wanted and resorted to the dreaded 150 lottery and it didn't get much better when it took about 5 minutes just o get my account displayed and the operator apologising every 15 seconds was annoying to say the least. Then the timetable went like this (I've learned from experience to take notes)

Elapsed Time from Dialing

02m 15s Spoke to human, not much use at all

07m Account finally appears on screen

18m 07s Transferred to technician

21m 50s Connected to Technician also not mch use either

31m 20s Transferred to Gadget Rescue. Why, who knows

47m 40 Transferred to Mobile Dept

54m 20s Connected to Mobile Dept

54m 58s Disconnected

All in all I wasted lot of time, frustration and no further on in getting my three complaints sorted. I have yet get anything solved by offshore operators and I can't waste time hoping that I might be lucky and get an operator that a) I can understand; b) that can understand me; c) Knows what they're talking about; d) be honest

Some simple solutions that used to be flagged ona page, like clearing cookies do not get flagged when they used to on email but I got offered a check of my system for an undisclosed payment, is this simply a lack of an operators knowledge or is VM using any means possible to extract more money. The jury's out on that one.

Keith
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) David_Pn
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for providing that information Keith and we apologise for any disappointing experience when contacting us.

Would you be able to tell us a little more about what your complaints are regarding please?

We'd like so see what we can do to help.

Thank you. 

David_Pn
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
riceturbo
Joining in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi David

I have no intention of trying to type all the details of my complaints, one about mobile, three about bradband, and one about tv. I need to speak to an operator that can actually do something and most importantly be honest and not use the cut off button.

Your reply seems to be a stabndard format, I hope this is not going to continue and I keep getting more of the same in the hope I will give up because I can assure you of one thing and that is I WON'T
0 Kudos