cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trustpilot Complaint - Following up as requested

jdcottrell
Joining in

Below copied from my recent Trustpilot review, after which Virgin asked me to get in touch through this forum so that a member of their team could look into the issue ...

I renewed our broadband, TV and phone contract with Virgin around October as we wanted an extra TiVo TV box. Arranged firstly online but no engineer turned up on the date confirmed and when I followed up through Virgin’s online chat service they had no record of the agreement.
I went through the process a second time online and agreed a monthly fee for services. Email with a copy of the agreement then came through showing the monthly charge at around £20 more than I had agreed online.
Back on the online chat (no option to actually talk to someone over the phone) and after hours of waiting I messaged with a customer services rep who looked at the account, said she could see I had been overcharged and would arrange to correct the agreement.
Engineer came out to set up the 2 boxes - all ok.
I then received the first invoice by email - still showing the incorrect amount, which was then taken by direct debit.
Back on the online chat for hours. Finally got through to a rep and messaged her screenshots of previous chats showing the correct monthly fee agreed. She apologised again, said she would correct the account and make sure I was credited for the overpayment.
I received the next invoice, still showing the incorrect fee. No credit applied. Direct debit taken.
We are now about 8 months further on and I have been similarly overcharged on every invoice since, with no credit or refund for overpayments.
I’ve tried to get in touch through the online chat twice more in this period. Both times the chat service advised of a wait of around 8 hours before I would get through to a rep, by which time their office would be closed!
The service from Virgin in firstly applying the wrong monthly fee, then failing twice to correct the error despite saying the issue was resolved and continuing to overcharge me for 8 months has been appalling. It is impossible to speak to anyone to sort out the problem and their online chat is unworkable. Pretty much the worst, most frustrating experience I’ve had as a customer.

2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous
Not applicable

A mod will hopefully pick this up for you tomorrow.

Although they will ask you to provide proof of the discounts/agreement but hopefully they can see it online, in you account notes.

I might ask though after the second bill six months of overcharging has passed I am surprised that you haven't managed to get someone to sort this?

I rate Virgin's Customer Service as a 1 out 10 most days but 6 months of no action and 8 months total might indicate you accepted the higher price afterall.

Hopefully Virgin's Mods will help you out.

Laurie_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @jdcottrell,

Thank you for taking the time to get in touch, and a very warm welcome back to the Community Forum! I'm really sorry about the issues that you've had with your account billing.

I'd be more than happy to look into things for you, I'll just need to confirm a few details via Private Message. Please look out for a purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen.

Kind regards,

Laurie

Laurie_C
Forum Team