Menu
mmurdoch
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Transferring to Sky

Hi All,

I cancelled (gave 30 days notice) on my TV and fibre on 21st August 2018. I also informed Virgin Media that I would be transferring my telephone services over to Sky. Virgin couldnt offer anything decent so decided Sky was the way forward.

The lady on the telephone said she would leave the telephone line 'open' what ever that means so Sky could port the number over to them. 

Yesterday I accepted a Sky offer for TV, multiroom, Fibre and telephone and gave them my Virgin Media telephone telephone number to port over which with looks of it is ok to do, Sky have put the same number on my Sky account as what was on my Virgin account so looks like the port over is successful.

This is due to go live (telephone and fibre) with Sky on 13th September so when this ports over to Sky will it finally end my contract with Virgin Media automatically or do I have to now ring Virgin and tel them I'm porting the number to another provider and inform them of the date.

I herd of horror stories of Virgin customers still getting billed for services they no longer have etc.

Any help would be appreciated 

Thank You 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Transferring to Sky

The number port should be done by sky. All your other services have to be cancelled by you (seems like you’ve done that though?)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos
mmurdoch
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Yes cancelled tv and fibre, but my question was when Sky port the number over on the 13th will this automatically terminate my telephone contract with Virgin Media on this date and no more charges after this as im out of contract anyway.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Yes I believe so, someone else who has gone through the process can confirm though.

but porting number from memory does cancel the phone part of the contract.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos