Menu
AislingS
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Transfering accounts

Hi,

My flatmate has moved out but I am staying on for another year. Ideally I would like just to take over paying the internet bill without having to have the internet unistalled and then reinstalled by an engineer, is that possible, please?
Thanks,

Aisling

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Transfering accounts

There are two options. One is to just change the name as per here:

https://help.virginmedia.com/system/templates/selfservice/vm/help/customer/locale/en-GB/portal/20030...

However the alternative is for your flatmate to disconnect his account, and you sign up for a new account. You wouldn't need an engineer as you'd be able to have the kit sent to your for self install.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Shelke
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Transfering accounts

@AislingS wrote:

Hi,

My flatmate has moved out but I am staying on for another year. Ideally I would like just to take over paying the internet bill without having to have the internet unistalled and then reinstalled by an engineer, is that possible, please?
Thanks,

Aisling

As long as you've been there for 6 months with the account holder then you can do a 'Transfer of Responsibility'. The forms cost £20 last I checked. Have the account holder call 150 from a VM phone or 0345 454 1111 to request them forms and then both you fill one of them in and return them to VM.

0 Kudos