cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer of Responsibility

mattd7599
Joining in

I am moving house shortly and the landlord has requested if we can change the contract into her name so she can continue with the service. However ive been told Transfer of Responsibility is no longer accepted by Virgin however there are still many many pages throughout the website that state that you can. I was just quoted on the phone that this was due to an OFCOM rule however I am unable to find anything regarding this? 

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/moving-home-faqs

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/how-do-i-take-over-a-virgin-media-account

If I had known this when we took the contract at the beginning of this year we would never have joined Virginmedia, and why are there so many accessible pages on the recommended pages to view when it is clearly no longer the case? Looking back at the forum now it seems this change has been there for a while however I can find no mention of this anywhere offical that a name change is not allowed. As I am unable to take services of virginmedia at my new address I have very few options here....

"Yes, if you’re moving out of your property and would like to transfer your Virgin Media services to somebody within the same household, just let us know when you call to book your move.

The person taking over the account must be over the age of 18 and have lived in the property for at least 6 months."

8 REPLIES 8

Christy_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there

Thanks for your message.

Let me see if I can assist you with this, firstly have you spoken to the movers team to determine whether you definitely can't take your services with you?

Thanks

Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Yes I have, there is no virgin media in the area unfortunetly. 

Christy_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

If there is definitely no Virgin Media in the area you are moving to then I would speak to Retentions/Cancellations and explain exactly your situation and they'll be able to provide you all your options. 

Thanks,

Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Hi mattd7599

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. 

I can confirm we no longer accept Transfer of Responsibility forms on accounts.

Please do speak to the team as advised on 150 // 0345 454 1111 and they'll go through your options.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Ive been on the phone for hours with your various departments, 4 people that I was passed to consecutively told me I could until the 5th person said I couldn't. The person this afternoon obviously lied about it being an OFCOM rule as it seems other providers are still accepting them. Quite honestly the customer service I have received today has been a disgraceful joke, with multiple people making information up and wasting my time. I find it hard to fathom how a company as big as virgin media can have this many issues and not even just one or two, 5 people in total today have told me bogus information. 

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @mattd7599

I am so sorry that you have been on the phone for hours to us, that is not ideal at all.

I would like to apologise for the mixed messages you have received regarding a Transfer of Responsibility, that is not the high standard of service we aim to provide and I can understand how frustrating it must be to receive contradictory messages.

Just to confirm: we no longer provide a Transfe of Responsibility unfortunately, so this is not something we would be able to arrange for you.

Apologies for the inconvenience,

Serena

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

@mattd7599 wrote:

Ive been on the phone for hours with your various departments, 4 people that I was passed to consecutively told me I could until the 5th person said I couldn't. The person this afternoon obviously lied about it being an OFCOM rule as it seems other providers are still accepting them. Quite honestly the customer service I have received today has been a disgraceful joke, with multiple people making information up and wasting my time. I find it hard to fathom how a company as big as virgin media can have this many issues and not even just one or two, 5 people in total today have told me bogus information. 

Your experience is not uncommon

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

You may be liable for the early disconnection fee as you cannot take your service to your new home.

As for your landlord: it won't be so bad because, as a new customer, she will benefit from a range of incentives denied to existing customers.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection