Menu
Andyrals
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Transfer Account - credit score affected?

Hi All,

I would like to transfer the ownership of this account into my Girlfriends name whos is now living with me to help build her credit score.

M question is... Would this harm MY credit score ? 

The account is in perfect condition and a payment has never been late or missed.

Regards

Andy

Regards

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Transfer Account - credit score affected?

Hi Andy,

It is possible to transfer the account to your girlfriends name and it shouldn't affect your credit score but you have to have both lived at the same address for 6 months.

Please click here for all the information and when the link open click on account transfer tab, this will let you know the criteria and what will happen when you transfer your account.

Thanks

Steven_L

0 Kudos
dante01
Well-informed
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Transfer Account - credit score affected?

Before you proceed with tranfering responsibility then you should be made aware that Virgin Media are having issues with allowing customers to register their new account online after such transfers.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Managing-Your-Account-Cable/Unable-to-register-new-account-afte...

You might want to hold off requesting such a transfer until Virgin Media have resolved this issue? You'd basically have no access to your online account or be able to log into apps such as the TV Control app if effected by this. You'd also be unable to access any new Virgin email associated with the new account. It should also be noted that any old email accounts and boxes associated with the old account will not be automatically transferred over to the new account and will be permanently deleted 90 days after the new account is activated. You can however request that the pimary email accont/address be transferred to the new Virgin Media account, but such a transfer cannot be carried out until you've actually registered a new account online using a different email address as the username.

There's a £20 fee charged for this and they'll run a credit check on your girlfriend if she is the one taking responsibility for the account. You are also automatilly tied into a new 12 month contract.

0 Kudos