Menu
Highlighted
Rubyjean10
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thinking of leaving

So I’ve had a problem dating back to April this yr,I phoned virgin and spoke with a guy called David,who was EXTREMELY rude,who said in the conversation that he would send me out a new router,and lower my bill to £50,none of which has been done,he was literally yelling at me and trying to bully me into agreeing to sign another 12 months contract,he was also telling me there is NO way on this earth I would find anywhere cheaper.I later phoned someone else and made a complaint about him and they s said they would get someone to call me back.I heard nothing so I phoned back,they said that David’s manager would call me in the next 24 hrs,NOTHING....., I have pages of dates and times when my internet has gone down and am absolutely at the end of my tether,I have been a costermer for over 20 yrs and feel that I have been treated appalling.i have an alexia which cannot work with no internet, that I feel I’m wasting money on because of this problem and also the TV Pagage I have is ridiculous,they say u have over 100 channels when really you have 30 and the others are either plus or HD,And every wkd they constantly repeat films over and over again,it’s a standing joke to be honest.I feel that the way they have treated me is terrible and am most certainly thinking of moving to another provider.They have also got the audacity to put up the bill......,

0 Kudos
gordan
Dialled in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Thinking of leaving

Vote with your feet, if you can live with FTTC broadband speed in your area. Unless your hourly value of time is 0, you probably spent more on being stonewalled than on the service you are getting anyway - assuming you are even fortunate enough to to be receiving a reliable service - which most of the people who make it as far as this forum are not.

And never, ever sign up for a new 12 month contract. Rolling might be more expensive but you don't want to be stuck paying for 12 months for a service that doesn't work.

JackieH1947
Dialled in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Rubyjean.......if I was you I'd repost this in the Broadband forum where a Mod should pick it up.  https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/bd-p/Wireless

You're not alone with all your problems, the service and support is atrocious.  TV channels, as you say, are merely repeated over and over in HD or Plus an hour to make it look like there are a lot......a lot of rubbish mainly and they've got the cheek to increase prices.  You should get your complaint made official and hopefully you will get some service restored.

0 Kudos
Rubyjean10
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

See on watchdog tonight virgin know there've got a problem,most people are not even getting half of the speed they are paying for,which explains why I’ve hardly ever got internet,an I still haven’t heard from anyone,or an apology for being a customer  for being over 20 yrs,I’m definitely going to start looking elsewhere as virgin have NO  CUSTOMER LOYALTY what so ever.

JackieH1947
Dialled in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I've just watched it as well.....explains a lot. I can't get Netflix on my slowwwww TiVo box because of signal problem. Had problems with mobile, landline and now TV.... something has got to give....we can't all be wrong!!!

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rubyjean

I appreciate you taking the time to get in touch.

I have seen your other post with the same post on it that you have posted to us on the forums here:

Thinking of leaving

I've popped a Pm to you there and I appreciate you've seen that as you have responded to me, thank you.

I've just sent a reply back so to avoid confusion as both threads have the same original post at the top and the same title and both are on the same board I have closed this one down.

We do ask customers to stick to one post per topic within our forum guidelines simply because if we had to answer multiple posts about the same thing for everyone it would slow us down quite a bit in responding and we want to answer you as quickly as we can in date order so thanks for your understanding here.

Take care .

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos