cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Things to do as a leaving customer

lwk1802
Tuning in

Hi, my partner has recently left virgin media and we're trying to understand things to do as a leaving customer. Here're some questions.

Q1. Should we return our kit? If yes, how could we return? We were just wondering as we haven't received any email regarding this.

Q2. We've received a final bill and it seems that there're some credits in the final bill. According to the FAQ, the credits are going to be refunded via cheque. When could we expect to receive it? Could we track the cheque?

Many thanks

4 REPLIES 4

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@lwk1802 wrote:

Hi, my partner has recently left virgin media and we're trying to understand things to do as a leaving customer. Here're some questions.

Q1. Should we return our kit? If yes, how could we return? We were just wondering as we haven't received any email regarding this.

Q2. We've received a final bill and it seems that there're some credits in the final bill. According to the FAQ, the credits are going to be refunded via cheque. When could we expect to receive it? Could we track the cheque?

Many thanks

See below

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/leaving

Kit to return may depend on what you have. What specific VM equipment items do you have?

Hi, many thanks for sharing the link. Some questions have been resolved. I think I'm holding Hub 3.0 and its cable. 

Maybe we should wait for postal return packaging from VM.

It seems that the refund of credits will take place around 45 days though we don't know the exact day.

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@lwk1802 wrote:

Hi, many thanks for sharing the link. Some questions have been resolved. I think I'm holding Hub 3.0 and its cable. 

Maybe we should wait for postal return packaging from VM.

It seems that the refund of credits will take place around 45 days though we don't know the exact day.

I believe the refund should be within 45 days after you are disconnected.

I'd usually refer you to this page for equipment info

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/return-or-recycle-equipment

but in the section 'What equipment to return' VM has now removed the images of the equipment types to be returned!

In this post at #5 one of the VM forum team mentions that Hub 3's are no longer required back.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/QuickStart-set-up-and/No-Good-place-for-this-Upgrade-to-Hub-4-f...

So wait until one of the VM forum team gets here, within a few days, and see what they say.

Hey @lwk1802 thanks for reaching out to us on the community forums. 👋🏼

I'm sorry to hear you guys are leaving us. 😞 We do hope to see you guys again one day 😇
Regarding the returns of the equipment, if it is a Hub 3 - we won't need it back as there is no charge, you can find more information on how to recycle this here.
Regarding the cheque refund, this is a total of 45 days from when the notice period is placed in, so after the services end, within 2 weeks you shall have your cheque.

I hope I have assisted.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs