cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible experience

Bendos70
Tuning in

Is anyone else finding it impossible to speak to the retentions team? I am currently on hold for the 3rd time today each for an hour at a time. If you say that you can only cancel a contract by talking to someone, then you have to answer the B*&ODY PHONE!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

That's an incorrect cancellation address.

It should be

Virgin Media
Sunderland
SR43 4AA

as per https://www.virginmedia.com/help/cancel-virgin-media  

Best method for cancelling your Virgin Media contract

You can cancel your contract either over the phone or in writing.

Cancel by phone

The best way to cancel your contract, is by phone: call our Customer Serice team on 150 from your Virgin Media phone or mobile, or 0345 454 1111 * from any other phone.

*Call costs may vary.

Cancel in writing

You can send your letter to:

Virgin Media,
Sunderland,
SR43 4AA

Remember to include your account number, address, full name and phone number in your letter, so we can contact you to discuss the necessary details.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

mart1969
Superfast

Aye its not easy to get through. You can write to the Sunderland address to cancel. But remember to include your account number and all relevant details otherwise they may call you back rather than cancel on requested date

VIRGIN MEDIA, Pennywell Industrial Estate, SUNDERLAND, SR4 9EN

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

That's an incorrect cancellation address.

It should be

Virgin Media
Sunderland
SR43 4AA

as per https://www.virginmedia.com/help/cancel-virgin-media  

Best method for cancelling your Virgin Media contract

You can cancel your contract either over the phone or in writing.

Cancel by phone

The best way to cancel your contract, is by phone: call our Customer Serice team on 150 from your Virgin Media phone or mobile, or 0345 454 1111 * from any other phone.

*Call costs may vary.

Cancel in writing

You can send your letter to:

Virgin Media,
Sunderland,
SR43 4AA

Remember to include your account number, address, full name and phone number in your letter, so we can contact you to discuss the necessary details.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks for the advice, although I really do want to talk to someone first as they may be able to keep me as a customer and I have no faith in Royal Mail!

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @Bendos70 

Call again and select option 4 (thinking of leaving) but it's best to call at 8am to avoid call queues

This should put you through to Retentions (thinking of leaving) however your call may be picked up first by a front line agent. If this happens be firm and say you want transferring to Retentions. 

Retentions are generally based in the UK and do far more than cancellations. They have a greater degree of knowledge and flexibility, along with a larger range of discounts than the front line agents should you wish to negotiate a new deal, or sort out any problems you may have rather than just cancel. 

Before you do speak to them if you are wanting a lower price then do a little of homework. See what prices other providers offer, and have those figures handy to use as a negotiating weapon..

Also check out the current VM prices and what's available on the following page <<< Here >>> 

The lower price is the new customer price which you won't qualify for, the higher price is the out of contract price. By negotiating you should get something in between, if you do call then you can have a price point in mind to barter with. 

VM's  actual prices can vary on a day to day basis, if you are happy with the price quoted then accept it as it may not be available again.  You have a 14 day distance selling window should you change your mind and wish to reject that offer and go back to your original pricing and package. However if you aren't happy with the initial discounted price offered then phone again.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.

Hi @Bendos70

Thanks for posting on our community forum and a good evening to yourself.

I'm so sorry to hear you're looking to leave Virgin Media, all of our contact options can be found in the post from our very helpful newapollo - our team will look to have your query resolved for you via any of those contact options and I hope the discussion goes well for you.

It would be a real shame to see you go!

Please do let us know if you have any further questions 

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs