cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible customer service

pixiedavis
Joining in

Well after wasting 4 days and 5 hours on the phone and not getting an answer, finally stumbled across a link for the message chat. Can't find it again. It's so badly hidden in the website somewhere. 

Spent 2 hours on the chat bot and finally got through to someone. Explained I wish to cancel my contract. They spent 30 mins trying to get me to stay by going into another slightly cheaper package. No thanks, want to cancel. Putting you through to cancellation team. 2 hours later, nothing. 

There should be an easier way to do this. Perhaps a callback system. 

Alternatively a massive tech company like this should be able to have a button in "your area" or within the app that allows you to cancel. 

Really crappy customer service. Funny don't remember it being this bad when they first wanted me to sign up. 

Most disgruntled. Does anyone know the direct number to the cancellation team?

11 REPLIES 11

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @pixiedavis 

I'm afraid there isn't  a direct number to Retentions (thinking of leaving us)

The phone lines and other contact methods are extremely busy at present, mainly due to the impending price increase emails.

VM have also had systems issues for the past 4 days (not sure if it's been fixed yet) which meant the IVR wasn't transferring calls correctly and agents had also been unable to connect to certain systems.

Unfortunately the Forum Team can't process regrades or cancellations.

You can try calling again 150 from a Virgin landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111, option 4, but best to call at 8am when lines first open and are least busy to avoid call queues

Or write to them to as per the terms-and-conditions 

If writing make sure you sign it and send it by registered post.

Virgin Media Sunderland SR43 4AA

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi pixiedavis,

A warm welcome and thanks for posting on our community forums. Sorry to hear you're leaving us. We do understand the frustration caused with the long wait times to speak to an agent, over the phone or through our messaging services.

As our valued member @newapollo has mentioned we are extremely busy at present, and it is taking longer than anticipated for your call or message to be answered. We appreciate your patience, and we are working as quickly as we possibly can to get each call and message answered

If you wish to use our messaging services you can text us on 0753 305 1809.

Alternatively, you can use the alternatively options which have already been listed by @newapollo.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Elainef58
Joining in

I have the same problem i first got on the whatapp at 10 am this morning and i am now still waiting for the retentions team to reply , losing the will to live but just round the direct number on money saving expert site 08009522277 not tried it yet will do in the morning but good luck 

Gues what. The 0800 number comes up as retention team on phone ID, but it's Ed bloody Sheeran again. 

Have cancelled my DD and lodged a complaint via VM website

Hi @Elainef58,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I am incredibly sorry for the wait to speak with a member of the team. We do get a little busy from time-to-time, resulting in these queues, but I assure you that a member of the team will respond ASAP.

If you'd rather call the team, you can reach them on 0345 454 1111 (or 150 from a Virgin Media landline).

Keep us posted with how you get on.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi @pixiedavis,

I can appreciate that you're frustrated with the situation, and I do apologise, but we would strongly advise against cancelling your Direct Debit as this can cause further complications.

Would you mind confirming when and how you logged a complaint? You can track the progress of your complaint via your online account.

If you don't wish to call the retentions team, you can find all of our other contact options here.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

but 10 months on it's still exactly the same or even worse. I am on the "chat to me" and so far i have been waiting two and a half hours that is ridiculously poor customer service! 

Does VM now have the worst customer services in the UK? I have been on the message us link awaitng a response for three hours and similarly on the phone......useless

'Does VM now have the worst customer services in the UK?'

Does this answer your question??

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.virginmedia.com

Read the comments on Trustpilot, does that answer your question??

Thought so!!  🤔