cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible customer service

Retro_guy
Joining in

Being on hold for an hour isn’t the problem. Being put through to the retention department to tell them I want to give my 30 days notice and leave to then be cut off is beyond disgusting.
After phoning up a second time and to be cut straight off after being connected to the retention department is beyond a coincidence! 
so disappointed Virgin!

5 REPLIES 5

Retro_guy
Joining in

Being on hold for an hour isn’t the problem. Being put through to the retention department to tell them I want to give my 30 days notice and leave to then be cut off is beyond disgusting.
After phoning up a second time and to be cut straight off after being connected to the retention department is beyond a coincidence! 
so disappointed Virgin!

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You seem to have posted the same message twice in different sections of the forum, these have been merged.

If you want to give cancellation notice, you can also do so by writing in. The postal address is listed on https://www.virginmedia.com/help/cancel-virgin-media under "cancel in writing"

Or try calling back at a quieter time of the day.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

spell
Knows their stuff

Which should be unnecessary because you should be able to do it by phone in a straightforward manner - I believe that this is some sort of regulation - it is no longer a secret that VM are now deliberately blocking such attempts - hanging up is hardly subtle!

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I don't buy that VM are deliberately disconnecting inbound calls - to do that would require intent, and while VM's CS has its faults, that's not one.

Some kind of call routing fault that's not been nailed down and causes irritation in the meantime - somewhere between likely & probable.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi @Retro_guy thanks for your post although I'm sorry to hear of your concerns regarding being unable to cancel.

Please allow me to send you a PM to discuss this further, so I can help look into things for you.

Please expect this to arrive shortly and respond directly when you can!

Many thanks

Tom_W