cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ternation Fee caused default on Credit file

iiDirtyHarry
Joining in

Hi

I would like to query a "late payment" mark against my credit file.

In July 2019 I had to move house for personal reasons, and needed to cancel my Virgin due to new house not having the option. I was told when calling to cancel that I would incur a cancel fee of £140 ( I can't remember the exact amount). I wasn't happy about this but I didn't object to it. When on the phone with customer service cancellation team was that I would pay it off in 3 months on debit order. No issue at all she said. Also my understanding was that Virgin had all my debit order details so it would be fine and get paid over the next 3 months. I thought nothing more of it till I got a message/letter to say they have reported me for late payment!! To which I immediately called and paid the full amount!!! I have never missed a single payment on any of my bills!!

Is there a way to dispute this with virgin and get this removed?

Thanks for any suggestions or replies.

Joe

1 REPLY 1

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @iiDirtyHarry,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community forums. We're here to help.

I am very sorry to hear that you're having a bit of trouble with a disputed payment. I'm going to send you a private message in a few moments so that we can take a few details from you and have a closer look at what's going on.

Please respond to this at your earliest convenience and we can proceed from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!