cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Termination of Contract

JLCS
Tuning in

My contract expired on 21January 2022 having given 30days notice.

I have been charged to the 29th January at the increased price as the service was not disconnected until the 29th.

Why as I have been using another provider since the 21st.

I cannot get any answer from Virgin, I did not sign up for these hidden fees. 

I am now being forced to send a Recorded delivery letter to their Sunderland address

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@jamesofmerton wrote:
'VM gets to hold onto all credits for all customers for longer and only return it once they are sure any balance on the account is paid off and any equipment is returned'

which is the way it should be. much the same where hotels keep hold of your details in case you raid the mini bar 30 minutes before you leave.

The need to pay off any debts owed to VM is not in question. The processes and procedures for doing so though leave a lot to be desired as VM can make the process as long, slow and difficult as they see fit. A simple 30 day notice period gets extended indefinitely when cancellation calls to VM are unexpectedly terminated before completion, requests to cancel get turned into contract renewals, equipment returns packaging fails to be delivered even after multiple requests etc. etc. etc. all of which have been described on here in recent topics.

For those who have already switched to another provider, and do not wish to use VM in the last 30 days, it would be preferable to stop the services immediately, return the equipment, pay off any balance due, including the last month's subscription, and conclude all dealings with VM within the 30 day notice period.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

goslow
Alessandro Volta

See if this topic

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Managing-Your-Account-Cable/Cancelled-My-Package-Just-Received-...

helps clarify things any, depending on your situation and billing periods and payment dates.

The VM process is designed for those who keep using the VM service right up to the very last day of disconnection (and who might also run up usage charges in arrears right to the very end).

In an ideal world there would be a 'fast-track' disconnection process so that every thing could be completed within the 30 day notice period for those who have switched to another provider immediately but, in the current arrangement, VM gets to hold onto all credits for all customers for longer and only return it once they are sure any balance on the account is paid off and any equipment is returned.

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @JLCS

Welcome to the community!
Sorry to hear that you're leaving us. I can see on our systems that you have already been in touch with us. Please let us know if you require any further assistance. We'll be more than happy to help. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

'VM gets to hold onto all credits for all customers for longer and only return it once they are sure any balance on the account is paid off and any equipment is returned'

which is the way it should be. much the same where hotels keep hold of your details in case you raid the mini bar 30 minutes before you leave.

@jamesofmerton wrote:

The need to pay off any debts owed to VM is not in question. The processes and procedures for doing so though leave a lot to be desired as VM can make the process as long, slow and difficult as they see fit. A simple 30 day notice period gets extended indefinitely when cancellation calls to VM are unexpectedly terminated before completion, requests to cancel get turned into contract renewals, equipment returns packaging fails to be delivered even after multiple requests etc. etc. etc. all of which have been described on here in recent topics.

For those who have already switched to another provider, and do not wish to use VM in the last 30 days, it would be preferable to stop the services immediately, return the equipment, pay off any balance due, including the last month's subscription, and conclude all dealings with VM within the 30 day notice period.

Hi Carley,

I was advised this had been resolved.

I am now being threatened with legal action as there is still a debt of £20.47

I have tried to resolve but have been given a new complaint number C 220422883 after some 90 minutes.

All I want Virgin to provide is an explanation of how my final bill has been arrived at. If I owe the money I will of course settle the outstanding invoice.

I have wasted days and days trying to resolve speaking to some 10 different operators over the last 3 months

This has turned into a complete nightmare