cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Termination fee

nik33
Joining in

Virgin Media haven't fix my phone lines since August 2022. They are asking for a termination fee. Is there anything I can do to leave without pay the fee. I have raised many complaints but nothing been done to fix it.

2 REPLIES 2

VMUser1812
Fibre optic

So you’ve had no phone service for, what eight months now and you have been paying for it all this time? Has there been no service at all, or just a bit flakey?

If yes, then that counts as a complete loss of service and entitles you to compensation of some £8.25 per day before April 1st and almost £9 per day after that, until it is fixed. At worse, the maximum early termination fee is capped at some £290 so even if you did have to pay that to get out of the contract, you can leave and still make an official complaint demanding the compensation which will more than cover the fee.

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @nik33 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry that you have faced this issue with your landline and your complaint has not yet been addressed. 

I'd like to take a closer look into this with you via a Private Message. I will pop you a PM across now, please keep an eye out for the envelope at the top of your screen alerting you to a new message.