Menu
Toodles
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Termination - due to channel changes 30 day notification.

Hi All,

I have been advised that I need to pay VM for another month before I can dump the TV service (30 days notification).

I'm outside contract (by a few years) and have been forced to make this move due to the material difference caused by the removal of the infamous UK TV channels.

Replacing content I want to watch with an additional number channels, which do not have the same content, is a material difference and as such I believe we should have been given notice of the change  (at least equal to the notice we are presumed to be required to quit, 30 days) and the option to terminate the service without any notice period or any additional costs.

As noted on previous postings here, as there has been no reinstatement of UK TV service, I have terminated my TV package.

I will be taking this matter up with the ombudsman as I believe a number of people who have posted here were released free of the apparent (I believe unreasonable) 30 day notice period.

Can anyone reading this confirm the they were released without a 30 day period being applied?

If anyone from Virgin Media would like to contact me regarding this matter - your most welcome to do so.

I have a complaint logged with you, which I understand you have already closed regarding this stating that information has been provided.

I will assume is your final response in this matter and leaves me only the ombudsman to appeal to.

Completing the paper work later today for the appeal - I'll update this post once things start to happen.

In the meantime if anyone can indicate if the 30 days was not enforced iI'd be very grateful.

All the best..

0 Kudos
Toodles
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Termination - due to channel changes 30 day notification.

Right CEDR case raised.

Will be requesting a letter of deadlock and a signed copy of the in force contract from VM tomorrow.

I'll keep you posted..

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Toodles
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Termination - due to channel changes 30 day notification.

Lovely - Sorted by VM - it's goodbye TV day...

That's it over and off I go into the sunset - keep the faith you Virgin Mutineers..

Don't take no for an answer and remember thery're not the only game in town.

All the best to you all..

0 Kudos