Menu
Highlighted
pzet
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Terminating contract (broadband)

Hello everyone,

let me start by saying that I have had no issues with Virgin before and as such I'd happily remain a customer, but I'm moving in with people who already have broadband.

I'd like to know what's the easiest way to terminate my contract (monthly rolling contract). I should point out that I cannot call customer service at this point, because I'm currently abroad and have no means to make a call.

I tried finding an email address but failed. I tried accessing the live chat, but there seems to be no way to do that currently. Any other alternatives?

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Sololobo
Community elder
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Terminating contract (broadband)

From the Virgin Media Terms and Conditions:-
https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services#end

N. Other ways to end this agreement

1. In addition to your rights to cancel during the cooling off period, either you or we may end this agreement at any time (including during or at the end of any minimum period) by giving the other 30 days’ notice.  You can provide notice and end this agreement under this provision by:

1. dialling 0345 454 1111 from any phone (for information on how much this call will cost from a Virgin Media home phone visit virginmedia.com/callcosts.  Call costs from other networks and mobiles vary); or

2. writing to Virgin Media Sales Operation Support, Diamond Plaza, Daleside Road, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG2 3GG;

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.
Highlighted
Andruser
Super solver
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

You could write to the address below, but chances are they'll want you to send the equipment back to them, so give that bit some thought:

N. Other ways to end this agreement

1. In addition to your rights to cancel during the cooling off period, either you or we may end this agreement at any time (including during or at the end of any minimum period) by giving the other 30 days’ notice.  You can provide notice and end this agreement under this provision by:

1. dialling 0345 454 1111 from any phone (for information on how much this call will cost from a Virgin Media home phone visit virginmedia.com/callcosts.  Call costs from other networks and mobiles vary); or

2. writing to Virgin Media Sales Operation Support, Diamond Plaza, Daleside Road, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG2 3GG;

2. If you end this agreement in accordance with paragraph N.1, you must pay any outstanding charges (including usage charges and line rental) up to the end of your 30-day notice period.

Highlighted
pzet
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for all the replies.

It makes absolutely no sense to me. I thought dealing with British Gas will be a hard one, but they managed to get it done in under 5 minutes via their online chat.

While I was happy with the services provided it's a nightmare to terminate the contract, which will unfortunately make me think twice before signing up for Virgin in the future.

0 Kudos