cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Temporary pause in service

jzeizel
Joining in

Hello, is it possible to temporarily suspend or pause service? I would prefer to keep an active account but will not use any Virgin services (broadband, tv, landline) for several months, is putting services on-hold an option or will I need to cancel my service? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Johninboro
Dialled in

If you're out of contract then yes, you just give notice to end services. 

If not then you'll either have to buy yourself out of your contract, or downgrade to the minimum cheapest basic pack.

Gas, electric and water won't put an account on hold, so I wouldn't expect an elected service to either.

Feel free to click on the thumbs up thingy and kudos thing. It really helps me to feel important and boosts my ego.
Seriously though, I'm happy to help.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Johninboro
Dialled in

If you're out of contract then yes, you just give notice to end services. 

If not then you'll either have to buy yourself out of your contract, or downgrade to the minimum cheapest basic pack.

Gas, electric and water won't put an account on hold, so I wouldn't expect an elected service to either.

Feel free to click on the thumbs up thingy and kudos thing. It really helps me to feel important and boosts my ego.
Seriously though, I'm happy to help.

Thank you for the quick reply, I'll get in touch with VM about ending my service as it has been out of contract for a long time.  Appreciate the insight into other service provides as well, as utility costs are primarily based on usage and not monthly subscription I won't need to change or cancel these.  Thanks again! 

Hi jzeizel,

Welcome to the Community Forums!

I'm afraid that as Johninboro has correctly advised, we do not offer account freezing/pauses. This is something which we were able to do some time ago however we since have stopped this.

If you do need to contact us to disconnect your services, you can either call us on 0345 454 1111 or text us on 0753 305 1809. Sadly it's not something we can help with from here.

Do let us know how you get on.

Kind regards,

Beth

Beth