cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching from SKY to VM Issues

loxy1
Joining in

Hi, 

Just had a nightmare on our switch from SKY To VM. The Sky account was in my wife's name we wanted to switch it into my name. Any way we decided to go through a local VM Field Adviser and had a meeting at our house on the 05-09-22 and agreed a deal for Broadband 108 MBS and anytime land line calls, with a quote "Free Set Up ". Switch date was the 06-10-22 all going well. I received a Text from VM on the 27-09-22 offering me £50 if I would reschedule delivery of the kit to the 30-09-22 , I contacted the local Field Advisor and asked what had happened he said " VM was trying to reach monthly sales and could take up the offer " I texted YES. The KIT arrived and I received  e-mail from VM that a Tech would install it  on the 29-09-22 between 07.00 Hrs. and 19.00 Hrs. , no show and no contact. Advised to Self-Activate and tried to do this on the 01-10-22 it would not work so I spent a lot of time reading the supplied  information but  the HUB would not go solid white. Contacted the Local Field Advisor on the 03-10-22 and got a text message back stating that he could get a Technician to the our house on  Fri. the 07-10-22 between 16.000 Hrs. and 19.00 Hrs. Technician came and did a good job he identified the HUB was defective replaced it with a Brand New HUB and provided us with and gave us temp landline phone number until our old number was switched over .

Saturday 08-10-22 no ring tone on the temp land line incoming calls and then the HUB went down , tried to reboot  it to no avail fault message " VM WIFI IP Configuration Failure". I phoned 0800 953 950 gave post code and came back that there is an Intermittent Fault in Area checked with Neighbours and their VM was working fine! WE spent Saturday night listening to the radio as no WIFI for TV, Tablets or mobile phone not happy seventy year old's! Sunday the 09-10-22 I joined the VM Community Forum and after a lot of time going through fault finding to no avail I came across advice to Press the Reset button on the HUB bingo it worked. Nothing at all in the Self Start  information or given by the numerous phone calls I made to VM , including an Overseas call Centre who put the phone down on me after  waiting 30 mins. All for now just waiting to check our SKY and VM Bills will be back.

Checked my first VM Bill no £50 credit as promised and no offer of compensation for NO show by the VM Tech.

On a positive note we did get offered and took up the free offer of a VM Stream Box  which is very good.

Seems to me that  everything went wrong when I was offered and accepted  the £50 to have the Kit delivered early it seems as though at VM the left hand did not know what the right hand was doing. There should be  a full lessons learnt investigation to identify what went wrong so no other people should have to go through what we went through. 

Any advice and recommendations would be  really appreciated. 

2 REPLIES 2

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi loxy1, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's really great having you on board with us in the Community. 

We're sorry to hear you've had a less than straight forward experience when moving across to us. 

When moving the appointment date, this wouldn't have changed the package or the credit so something else must have gone wrong here. 

We can certainly check this out for you but in order to do that I will need to confirm some information with you. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

In terms of the compensation for the missed appointment, this is assessed on the account automatically so if no credit is showing there, it means you didn't meet the criteria. You can view more on that here

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi loxy1, 

Thanks for coming back to me via private message. 

I'm glad I was able to help get things resolved for you. 

If you have any further issues, pop back to us in the Community. 

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs