cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Superhub3 return issue

matty125
Tuning in

Hi,

Following the free upgrade and successful install of a hub 5, I returned the old hub 3 using the prescribed collect+ service.  The parcel was dropped off Sat 8th Jan and tracking show it was successfully collected from my local store and made its way to the national sorting office on Tuesday 11th Jan..  The website shows its a VM return at the top of the tracking page..  There has been no further update since and the status still shows as in 'on route'.

The delivery company website suggests delivery should be within 2 days which has obviously now passed.  

Has anyone had experience of this and is this normal or is this more likely a lost package?  If so what should I do?  I obviously don't want to be charged if its actually lost but equally dont want to waste time trying to contact the courier - I simply used the provided returns label and box provided.

Thanks

14 REPLIES 14

jevans25
On our wavelength

you've done everything you can, I would personally not worry, just ensure you keep your "proof of postage". you will be sure to hear from virgin media if they don't get the old hub 3 back. 🙂

Volt M500,Talk Anytime Calls with O2 Sim

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @matty125 

It can generally take up to 10 working days for VM to receive equipment returns, scan it in,  and allocate it to the right account (they do it in bulk)

If you haven't got any returns receipts take screen shots of the tracking status as proof of return to make things easier if there are any future issues.

Forum Staff will be able to help if anything untoward does crop up.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning @matty125

Welcome back to the forums and thank you once again for taking the time to post. 

As others have advised, we would recommend to keep the tracking information & proof of postage, as  newappollo has suggested it can take up to 10 days to get back to us. 

If there have no been updates after that time please do reach back out to us & we will do what we can to assist you further. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Hi all / @Zak_M 

Many thanks for the message of support - sadly its now been 10 working days since the parcel was in sent, and tracking still states delivery in progress.  Please can you advise the next steps to getting this resolved?.  I have the tracking id and paper receipt if needed

Thanks 

Hi @matty125, thanks for your post although I'm sorry you've not yet received confirmation of the refund.

Not to worry at all, it's great that you've kept hold of the receipt and tracking ID as I'll need these from you please.

Firstly though I'm going to pop you a quick PM to ask you to confirm some security details from the account so I can access it for you.

Please expect this to arrive within the next few minutes.

Regards

Tom_W

Hi, 

My contract with VM has now ended (due to the price rises) and I have been asked to return the superhub 5 by multiple text messages.  I believe the aim was collect by local agent today but I couldnt return due to not receiving the return packaging (as advised by customer services)

The return 'bag' has arrived today, but the paperwork states the modem is not require back and to dispose of the item. There is a collect+label but suspect it's might not be the correct address / approach for these item types? 

Please can someone look into my account and confirm the correct process for returning the item? 

Thanks

Hi matty125,

Sorry for any confusion over what needs to be returned.

You can find information on what equipment we need back, as well as ordering packaging here

Alex_Rm

Hi,

Sorry but Im still struggling with the return of the superhub 5.  As mentioned previously, the return packaging was eventually received and I was in the process of returning via the collect+ process, but then had another message last week to arrange a collection from a local collection agent?.  Using the online form I was able to confirm the hub details and arranged collection for the earliest date available being Fri 25th March.  With that confirmed Ive now packaged the hub in the return bag and attached the label awaiting collection as arranged. 

However, I have now received a further email today requesting return of the hub using the collect+ service or a I will face a £65 fee.  The email only gives the collect+  as an option and appears to have no mechanism for contacting the relevant VM department to discuss.

Please can someone please check my account and advise the next steps?  Obviously I was happy to await the local collection on the 25th March but appreciate this is still several weeks away and Im now fearful that the penalty will be charged via DD which could put me into financial difficulty, equally I dont want to return via the collect+ service now that a collection with the agent has been arranged - especially as the Yodel tracking service when used previously was less than ideal.

Appreciate any advice or help offered  - thank you. 

Hi @matty125, thanks for your post although I'm sorry to hear of the confusion you're facing surrounding returning the Hub 5.

I'll need to pop you a PM to discuss the specifics of this further, so please expect these PM to arrive shortly where I'll also ask you some security questions and respond directly.

Many thanks

Tom_W