Menu
Twiggy2
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Super Hub 3 on timer switch?

I heard that some people have their routers on a timer plug to be switched off in the early hours of the morning in order to reset everything.

Supposed to help with smoother streaming.

If the Super hub 3 was connected to a timer switch to do this? would devices need pairing each time the hub switches back on?...

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Super Hub 3 on timer switch?

If the device is automatically set up to do so then yes. I reset my router (effectively what the timer switch would do) every now and again (used to be daily) and whenever I turned it back on my phone / computer would auto connect back.

As the password / SSID are stored device side they will auto connect whenever they detect the network again.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Kaz_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Super Hub 3 on timer switch?

Hi Twiggy2

Thanks for getting in touch 🙂

There's nothing really for me to add to this as @Shafreya has covered this for you but just to confirm, if your devices auto connect as they do if you reboot there should be no reason why they would not do this if you have the hub on a timer.

Just monitor the experience over a few days if you try this to see if it impacts your streaming in a more positive way and if so then awesome!

Cheers

Kaz

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos