cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suddenly have a VM landline

Anonymous
Not applicable

Here's a queer thing. In an idle moment during an ad break while watching The Bridge on the River Kwai I thought, for a lark, I'd see what the My Virgin Media app had to say for itself.

I was very happy to discover that I now have a bundled land line with weekend calls to boot.

As this is all in black and white I'd like the adaptor thingy (and related bumph eg phone number) please to start making use of this nice new (and contractually binding) benefit please.

Thanks very much. 

Screenshot_20230204-152943.png

11 REPLIES 11

Client62
Legend

After login the VM Hub shows if telephone is activated.

The £xxx monthly charge increase for an unrequested a/c change was ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'll rely on the Virgin Media app for this purpose ta. 

Hi Cardiffman281, thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

Sorry for any confusion around your package and what it includes. If I was to speculate, it may well be that the package you took out and may still be currently receiving is one of our earlier Volt bundles.  This of course would depend on when your deal was taken out.  In which case the information on your app may not be what you're receiving, nor paying for.  I would like to take a look on your behalf, to offer some clarification.  I am going to send you a private message. Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just to update the thread the VM response is essentially " It appears that the information you've received is just incorrectly generated information."

The information is in black and white on the official My Virgin Media app and still clearly sets out, at time of posting, that my Volt M200 package is inclusive of landline and weekend calls

Screenshot_20230205-165355.png

I accordingly assert my statutory legal rights under s 50 (1) (b) of the Consumer Rights Act 2015 to the landline and weekend calls as inclusive parts of my existing contract with VM at no additional costs to me.

I'll give VM 14 days to fulfil this part of the contract. If it fails to do so I will formally escalate the matter using the usual processes up to and including Ombudsman Services.

I look forward to an early resolution. 

Hi Cardiffman281

We're currently investigating the issue that you've raised with us.  We're unable to discuss account specifics in this public space.  I do feel we need to raise a complaint on your behalf, so will reach out to you again, privately.

Regards

Lee_R

Anonymous
Not applicable

Fair enough 

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you Cardiffman281. 

My colleague will continue to pick this up with you via private message. 

Nat

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just to update the thread. I am submitting a complaint on the recommendation of the forum staff (thanks to Lee for his facilitation on this). I'll post any significant developments on here. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Given that I am not one to readily question the administrative processes and procedures at Virgin Media, I hesitate to bring this up on such a public platform.

However, when I go in to the open complaints bit of my account, after much polite, and apparently helpful, toing and froing regarding a facilitated complaint earlier in the week, I get the following screen:

Screenshot_20230211-084602.png