Menu
harris1972
On our wavelength
Message 31 of 74
Flag for a moderator

Re: Street cabinet still not fixed (area 21-see April 2018 archives)

Friday @ 2.45PM-no fix & no sign of any contractors.

0 Kudos
harris1972
On our wavelength
Message 32 of 74
Flag for a moderator

Saturday-still no fix. I would just like to point out there is a Twitter trail for this as well going back to June with Virgin agents reporting & escalating this complaint. Here we are in December still with no progress or adequate explanation why this box remains damaged.

0 Kudos
harris1972
On our wavelength
Message 33 of 74
Flag for a moderator

1PM Sunday-no change.

0 Kudos
harris1972
On our wavelength
Message 34 of 74
Flag for a moderator

Update-5pm Monday & still no fix. Do you have maybe some contact details so I can call the contractors directly?

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Kath_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 35 of 74
Flag for a moderator

Hi harris1972, 

Thanks for coming back to us and updating us on this. 

Karen is off at the moment so I've picked this up to avoid any further delays. 

We're unable to provide you with the details of the team we are in contact with since this information is internal only. 

I have sent a chaser email to see what is going on and what the latest update is. 

I understand it's frustrating when you've reported something but nothing further has been done however rest assured we are working to get this sorted asap. 

As soon as we have an update, we'll let you know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
harris1972
On our wavelength
Message 36 of 74
Flag for a moderator

Respectfully Kath- it was frustrating in August when I sent you a PM about this issue, now it's just ludicrous. Chaser e mails have done nothing. Logging & escalating the issue really hasn't achieved anything. Karen speaking to the contractors has changed nothing.Hence the request to be able to contact your contractors directly.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Kath_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 37 of 74
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to us on this one again Smiley Happy

As this isn't our department there is only so much we can do. 

The teams have already made the cabinet safe so it's not a high priority right now which is the most likely reason for the delay. They will prioritise those cabinets that post a health and safety risk and those that have services interrupted. 

If you would like more information then you can speak with the same team as ourselves on: 0333 000 5925 Opt 3 but this wouldn't be the contractors. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
harris1972
On our wavelength
Message 38 of 74
Flag for a moderator

Update- This was booked in for replacement on Thursday. Friday afternoon now-still not repaired.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
harris1972
On our wavelength
Message 39 of 74
Flag for a moderator

"The teams have already made the cabinet safe so it's not a high priority right now which is the most likely reason for the delay. They will prioritise those cabinets that post a health and safety risk and those that have services interrupted. "

This cabinet,by my count, has been made "safe"  3 or 4 times over the period of it being reported. With orange barriers. With holes in larger than a toddlers' wrist. On a primary school route. With a door missing & live cables inside exposed to the elements. There is still a potential risk of harm by entanglement, entrapment or electrocution.

Replacing the box would have removed all risk & been in my mind made safe.

At the time of the first report area 21 had poor service- I was lucky to be able to get onto the internet at all with download speeds <1MB when paying for a 50MB service. There were frequent prolonged drop outs & intermittent phone availability.

So does that not count as interrupted service?

(The network has been upgraded now, but not at the time of the first report)

I appreciate that it may not be your department. But this is the company help forum. I also assume that Virgin would rather avoid negative publicity as a whole.

Having contacted the number you gave me on Tuesday this was supposed to be attended to yesterday as a priority. Needless to say this hasn't happened. Having called today in business hours option 3 didn't even register & option 2 of speak to a representative just clicks & hangs up.

This is not meant as a personal or abusive post, but more as a statement of the facts.

0 Kudos
harris1972
On our wavelength
Message 40 of 74
Flag for a moderator

Monday-still no fix. The team on the number provided promised to update me today. No update.

0 Kudos