cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still waiting for a cheque!

Costa16
Tuning in

I got sick of phoning, that’s why I’m typing here!

APRIL 2022 - I call virgin saying in June I will move. I gave them an exact date, the 23rd.

JUNE 2022 - I contact them the 17th (calls recorded), told them I was no longer moving, that’s 6 days before, I call them and make sure that they have a bit of time in advance. The 20th I call again, making sure they were not closing my account, they confirm that was all ok. THE 23rd THEY DISCONNECT MY SERVICE! called them right away and apparently there was an issue. They could not reinstate for back ground issues, told me 72 hours and would be fixed.

JULY 2022 - I call them explained we’d been with no service (no tv and no broadband) for over 2 weeks. The week after, about the 14th they CHARGE ME £312 FOR A DISCONNECTION FEE! I call them and they said they are going to call me back. No one calls me back after 3 days, call back again and no one can trace my issue, they will call me back. In the meantime no service, we had to pay about £50/60 of extra data on my wife’s phone as she works from home and needs internet connection. Watching TV with Netflix and Prime through our phone/laptop. Absolute nightmare!

AUGUST 2022 - I had almost gave up and around the 20thwhen I call, at this point, looks like someone wants to help, might of heard desperation in our voice. At this point we were over 45 days with no services at all and being charged £312 for nothing. They say they will request a cheque (£280 for some strange reason!) and will arrive within 40 days. In the meantime they say they can’t reinstate it and I have to get a new package altogether, so they pass me to the sales team. At that point I get it sorted and seems all good.

SEPTEMBER 2022 - I call at the end of the month as more than 40 days have passed, they say they can’t see if the cheque was sent (probably has not) and they are going to send another cheque.

NOVEMBER 2022 - nothing has arrived! What a surprise!

For my 45 days with no service with NO FAULTS in of mine where is my £8.40 per day refund? That’s £370! And the cheque!? Where is it!?

Anyone had to go through anything like this?

2 REPLIES 2

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

In addition to the refund (of everything the blighters owe you), you're also due compensation for the shockingly poor service.  

Raise a formal written complaint posted recorded delivery to VM (address on this page) demanding that they pay you the full amount you're owed, plus a significant goodwill gesture (I'd say £150).  If that gets the right outcome then job done.  If that too gets fobbed off or they don't pay you both everything you're owed and the compo, you reply rejecting any "resolution" they offer, asking for a deadlock letter, and with the deadlock letter you ask CISAS to resolve the matter, including compensation for the inconvenience and wasted time in the first place, and for the subsequent poor complaint handling.

If forum staff volunteer to resolve this, let them have a try, but hold them to the same settlement that I suggest above.  

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Costa16, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community although we are sorry you've had issues. 

We can certainly check this out for you but in order to do that I will need to confirm some information with you. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs