Menu
Maadocks97
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Still paying for 9 month student contract

I Started a contract with Virgin Media on 29th September 2017 for a 9 month Student Contract. it would be proper to assume it would end after 9 months, however I found I paid for July (month 10) and have now been billed for August (month 11!) I plan on keeping with Virgin Media for next Student year however the virgin router won't be used until end of September and at a new address. Can I just move the router and will the overpayments be credited back to my account? 

0 Kudos
Maadocks97
Joining in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Still paying for 9 month student contract

And I have been on hold for hours to speak to someone at virgin media and online chat is always unavailable! 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Kath_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Maddocks97, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

All contracts with Virgin Media are minimum term ones. This means that once the term has finished, it will revert to a monthly rolling contract. To cancel, you would need to call and give 30 days notice. 

If you've not done this then the contract would of continued and therefore billing would of also continued. 

We wouldn't refund any of the charges since they haven't been charged incorrectly. 

Speak to the team on 150 / 0345 454 1111 and they will be able to suspend the account for a small monthly charge until you move back in Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Highlighted
av-115
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

This is how all contracts work. 9 months, 12 months, 18 months etc, it's just the minimum term. At the end of month 8 you should have rang up to give your 30 days' cancellation notice. With regards to getting the services at the new address, you'd need to make sure Virgin service that area (they only cover ~50% of the country) by using the address checker on their website.

Also when ringing up, it's always best to use the "thinking of leaving us" option as this gets you straight through to UK Customer Services.

--------------------------
TV: XL TV (V6 & V+ HD)
Broadband: VIVID 200
Phone: Talk Unlimited
0 Kudos