cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still billed after cancellation

ithoughtileft
Joining in

I am moving house soon and sent a letter to Virgin Media in time to cancel my broadband package contract before moving. I also phoned to double check this cancellation request had been received and processed; this was confirmed several times. I was assured that I would get a confirmation email regarding the cancellation but I have still not received one. I have now been sent a further bill when I will no longer be in the property. Please can I have some help to ensure my contract cancellation goes through as originally requested. It is disappointing that it must take this much chasing just to get a contract cancellation request processed.

3 REPLIES 3

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @ithoughtileft, thanks for reaching out to us and a warm welcome to the Virgin Media forums.

I'm sorry to hear about the billing issue on the account.
May I ask if you've received a final bill from us?

Usually if you have a disconnection in place, the usual billing cycle comes through and then once you leave, you get the final bill which mentions on there any credits we may owe you or f you owe us anything.

Let us know.

Kind regards.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks for your reply. I had to call Virgin Media again to get the erroneous bill removed and have now received the correct final bill. Would be good if there was an option to set the cancellation process going through the online account area. Hopefully from April 2023 the process of leaving will be just as easy as the proposed way of switching: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-58720516

No problem! Thank you for coming back to us. 

There is currently no way of cancelling your services via My Virgin Media

You will need to speak to us via phone or write to us. You can see all of the information about how to cancel here. 

Glad to hear you now have the correct final bill - please let us know if there is anything outstanding you still need our support with!

All the best. 

Molly