Menu
tascha311
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Still being charged on closed account

I cancelled my broadband and closed my VirginMedia account due to me leaving to UK for a job. Everything went smoothly using the online chat, but I've just received another bill for a completely different amount to how much I was paying before. I tried calling Virgin, was put on hold for an hour, finally got through and then was transferred to another line. I was then put on hold for another 50 minutes and unfortunately had to go.

I've now been trying to get through to the online chat for 3 days now, and every single time I go on it says the server is unavailable. 

What should I do? When I login to my account, it says it's closed, and yet I've received both paper billing (which I have never signed up to before) and online. Please help!

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Kath_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Still being charged on closed account

Hi tascha311,

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you have decided to leave Virgin Media. 
When you give your 30 days notice to disconnect, the account will continue as normal until the disconnection date. This means your billing cycle will also continue as normal. 
On your disconnection date the services will stop and a final bill will be produced a few days later. This will include any refunds, adjustments and charges. If the overall amount shows as a charge, you'll need to make this payment via a credit or debit card as soon as possible. If there is a refund showing then we will send you a cheque for that amount. 
As well as the final bill, you will receive some packaging to return any equipment you have within 10 days of your service being disconnected. There will be instructions on how you can return this to us in the pack. 
Take care, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos