cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still being charged for an old contract

matthew078
Tuning in

About one month ago I have changed my contract from residential broadband to business and few days ago I have recieved a message that my services are going to be suspended. I have checked my email and it says that I have to pay 112 pounds for this and the past month for the residental broadband.

I do not understand why are you charging me for my previous contract when I have moved to business one. I cannot say if I am being charged for my new contract as well because first three months are supposed to be free.

I have tried to contact Virgin Media through the phone but 4 people I was speaking to could not help me.

9 REPLIES 9

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi matthew078,

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community.

Apologies for the issues faced, can I ask whether the final bill on your residential broadband was paid? Also do you have any email correspondence to reflect the amount charged (if posting proof please redact any personal info)?

Thanks,

Kain

No, it was not. I can pay for the final bill but I do not want to pay for the next one when my account was supposed to be transfered.

Yes I do, where do you want me to send the proof?

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @matthew078,

Have you been able to give our Business Care Team a call on 0800 052 0800? Your Residential Account would normally be closed by their Order Management Team when you move over to a Business service. They will be able to pull up both your Residential and Business account and action any necessary adjustments (such as closing and backdating your Residential account) to get this resolved for you.

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Yes and I am being moved around from business care team to residental and from residental to business

Sorry for making an other post but I could not edit my earlier one.

I have managed to contact residental customer service and they told me that I have to pay full outstanding balance to close the account but it does not make any sense when my account was supposed to be moved. I was not even aware that my residental account is still open.

Hi @matthew078, thanks for your post and I do apologise.

Can you please confirm, if originally you informed the Residential Team that you wanted to disconnect your account or was all the contact with our Business Team please?

Many thanks

Tom_W

As far as I remember I was speaking with business team only

Hi @matthew078,

I do apologise for any confusion you're facing here. So that we can take a closer look at what's going on and assist you further, I'm going to send you a private message. Please respond to that when you can and we can proceed from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for confirming your details via PM @matthew078

After checking on this for you, and as per our earlier messages, this is something our Business Care Team would need to pick up for you.

You can find the contact details here 

I do apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs