Menu
LucieCarpenter
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Still being billed after cancelling service

I ended my service with Virgin Media nearly a month ago but I've been billed for this month even though I have moved. I called up well in advance and made sure that Virgin was aware of my move and everything seemed to be in order, yet I am still receiving bills. How do I stop this? 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Still being billed after cancelling service

best to have a chat with customer relations choosing options 1-4-5 (thinking of leaving us) they'll be able to check what has been put in place/or possible in this case not.

--------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up on kudos. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution, but only do this once issue has been resolved.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Kath_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi LucieCarpenter,

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you have decided to leave Virgin Media. Is there anything we can do to change your mind?
When you give your 30 days notice to disconnect, the account will continue as normal until the disconnection date. This means your billing cycle will also continue as normal. 
On your disconnection date the services will stop and a final bill will be produced a few days later. This will include any refunds, adjustments and charges. If the overall amount shows as a charge, you'll need to make this payment via a credit or debit card as soon as possible. If there is a refund showing then we will send you a cheque for that amount. 
As well as the final bill, you will receive some packaging to return any equipment you have within 10 days of your service being disconnected. There will be instructions on how you can return this to us in the pack. 
If it's been more than 30 days and the bill still hasn't reset, let us know so we can double check things for you. 
Take care, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
fatcontroller
Dialled in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

We are in the same position - cancelled TV Services over a month ago, and have just been billed for the period to September!  To add insult to injury, we now also have no broadband, with the suggested 'fix' time of 0805 yesterday morning.

Nearly 20 years as customers and Virgin never improve

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Kaz_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi fatcontroller

I appreciate you taking the time to get in touch about the TV charges when the services should be disconnected.

Have you spoken to the teams about this yet? They should be able to arrange to make sure this is backdated if this has overrun and not cancelled for whatever reason.

Give them a shout and let us know how this goes.

You can contact them via 150 or 0345 454 1111 or via Webchat for any billing or package related queries where they can clear security with you.

Webchat  can be contacted via the site online and you can speak to them if you prefer this option by choosing the Chat Online option:

E.G-Account and Billing > Manage Your Account Online

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos