cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starting a new contract whilst moving house

dzjqrx
Joining in

Hi! I'm currently a customer with VM, and noticed the other day that there are a number of Black Friday deals that would get me the same product (or better) for a lower monthly cost: https://www.virginmedia.com/broadband/black-friday-deals.

However, I'm also about to move home -- moving to a new flat mid-December and (hopefully) again at some point in the not-too-distant future. My understanding is that, if I don't change my services when I move, my contract would just continue as-is. 

So, what I was hoping to do is swap to a new, cheaper contract, and then update VM when I move. VM services a very high proportion of places in my area, so I'm not concerned about that as a factor. 

Is that possible, or is there something that I've missed (e.g., Black Friday deals only available to new customers)?

Thanks in advance for any input!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

New customers only I'm afraid, you could try to take out a new contract at the new address and see if you can get a installation date for when you move. Then cancel the old contract at your present address remembering that it's 30 days notice so there will be a slight cross over.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

New customers only I'm afraid, you could try to take out a new contract at the new address and see if you can get a installation date for when you move. Then cancel the old contract at your present address remembering that it's 30 days notice so there will be a slight cross over.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Great, thank you for the quick response!