Menu
Highlighted
neilramsden1982
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Sold a non-existent product and overcharged by 70% - against Misrepresentation Act 1967

I decided to upgrade my internet speed.

I agreed over web chat to upgrade from Vivid 100 to Vivid 350 for an extra £10 a month only. I receive the bill and it has gone up by £17 a month!

I speak to the customer service team and they say I should not have been sold Vivid 350 as it is not available in my area (only Vivid 200). I have been mis-sold goods which is against the Misrepresentation Act 1967.

This is fradulent behaviour and I had not have checked I would have been paying for a product that did not exist, and being charged 70% more than the price I agreed to.

Under my legal Right To Access I wish to receive my transcript on the 10th September 2018 so I can take this matter further from a legal perspective. I expect as per the law to receive this in 30 days.

I do not know how many people have been mis-sold in this manner but I will ensure that this is dealt with from a legal perspective to stop this happening in future.

Thanks

Neil Ramsden

0 Kudos
jamesofmerton
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sold a non-existent product and overcharged by 70% - against Misrepresentation Act 1967

it is a mess up by the looks of it. no fraudulent behaviour. the onus would be on you to prove that allegation.

you ask for a subject access request. you used to have to pay for actual recordings. don't know if this is still the case. there is now no charge for the actual records held ie paper copies.

the ombudsman would be your ultimate port of call. before that you follow the virgin complaints procedure
https://store.virginmedia.com/content/dam/eSales/Downloads/Consumer%20Complaint%20Code%20of%20Practi...

if it got to the ombudsman and they agreed with you then you would get a refund of overpaid monies and maybe a small amount for inconvenience. unless there was evidence of 'many' other customers with the same issue it would be put down to an admin error. either virgin would have to send data of other examples or again you would have to prove it.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sold a non-existent product and overcharged by 70% - against Misrepresentation Act 1967

Since you want to take the legal route no customer on the forum will be able to help you.

As you’ve requested a SAR will @ModTeam flag this so they don’t fall afoul of GPDR regulations. 

AFAIK 350 is in the process of being rolled out in all areas covered by VM but a small amount have still yet to be upgraded. If trying to order online you would of been stopped. Assuming here you’ve gone down the phone / chat route which puts you to the script readers, and the script says you can have it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I'm sorry to hear about this neilramsden1982,

I've located your details and I can see that this has been assigned to a specific case handler to investigate for you.

Someone will be in contact to discuss things further.

Apologies for any inconvenience,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos