cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So close and yet so far

astaig
Joining in

Hi

I have been informed by VM that they don't provide a broadband service to my house.  This is despite there being a VM distribution cabinet 10m from my house and houses 3 doors down having a VM service.

When I originally moved in, VM agreed to install, a team arrived and then said that a heavy works team was required.  The team came out to survey, but then I was informed that the installation could not proceed.

I'm left with the slowest BT broadband.

I am presuming that the reason is that when the original cabling for the area was being installed, the 5 houses in my close are accessed over a shared driveway and permission was either not sought or given.

I have right of service access over this drive, together with permission of the driveway owner for the driveway to be disturbed for the installation.

How can I either appeal to VM to make the installation and/or pay for the work?

My thanks in anticipation.

Andy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey astaig,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having trying to get installed with our services, I can pass your details onto the network expansion team to see if this would be possible. 

I will send a private message over in a moment asking for some details that I will pass over to the team, it can take up to 10 days for the team to get back to you. Please look out for my message and we can get started.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

1 REPLY 1

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey astaig,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having trying to get installed with our services, I can pass your details onto the network expansion team to see if this would be possible. 

I will send a private message over in a moment asking for some details that I will pass over to the team, it can take up to 10 days for the team to get back to you. Please look out for my message and we can get started.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L